Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Pune, India for a Platform Administrator, who will be responsible for working with SLB stakeholders and Data Center Providers to manage and perform critical Platform Administration, involve in Architecture, Design and Implementation, and related tasks for IT Data Platform Technologies.
- Contribute to IT Data Platform Technologies Management
- Create a culture of integrity and compliance
- Primary responsibility would be to keep the Cloudera Data Flow / Hortonworks Data Flow / Apache NiFi Infrastructure operational across DEV, QA, Production Clusters in Google and/or Azure Cloud environments
- Act as a key role in performing critical Cloudera Data Flow / Hortonworks Data Flow / Apache NiFi platform administration, security qualification, impact analysis assessment and related tasks
- Install, configure, and upgrade nodes in High Availability Clusters
- Prepare and Implement Disaster Recovery for IT Data Platform Technologies implementation (Cloudera / Hortonworks / Informatica / Google and Azure IaaS and PaaS)
- Install and manage various new tools & tech stack for IT Data Platform Technologies delivery requirements
- Prepare Cyber Security Response Plan and Improve Security posture (including Data Encryption at Rest and Data Encryption in Motion, Enterprise AD and LDAP Directory Services-based Authentication and Authorization) for IT Data Platform Technologies implementation (Cloudera / Hortonworks / Informatica / Google and Azure IaaS and PaaS)
- Carry out routine Security Audit checks on platform security access and alert logs of Test, DEV, QA, Production
- Evaluate system performance and be expert with platform configuration optimization and best practices
- Proactively monitor systems and drive security improvements, capacity planning, performance tuning, and issues troubleshooting
- Participate with Cloud Technologies-enabled projects which require IaaS and PaaS evaluation, creation, management and administration setup with security
- Engage with the SLB Cloud team to get alignment in terms of technologies and approaches and identify and leverage synergies for managed clusters in public Cloud environments
- Develop processes, tools, and documentation in support of production operations
- Be able to prepare, test, and implement scripts in Linux environments
- Follow SLB guideline on security best practices
- Maintain effective communication with Data Center support services personnel on OS, application, database administration and security patching and validate the results
- Coordinate platform maintenance tasks with SLB stakeholders and Data Center support services personnel
- Work with SLB teams with user account management and assign appropriate privileges
- Write technical specifications and review with Technologies Architects
- Follows and contributes to the technical governance (standards, best practices, etc.).
- Work closely with Technologies Architects, Big Data Administration and Development, Informatica ETL, Master Data Management, BI, and Analytics teams on delivering quality service
- Maintain good documentation and report issues/risks accordingly
- Participate in regular internal meetings and with Data Center support services as well as SLB stakeholders.
- Engage with the external technical and business community to brand and differentiate implementation in Schlumberger
- Participate in technical forums and other appropriate events.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years' experience working as a System's Administrator, administering Unix/Linux servers especially Red-hat 6.5/Centos and shell / Python scripting
- 1+ years' experience with administrating Cloudera Data Flow / Hortonworks Data Flow / Apache NiFi Platform distribution clusters with High Availability
- Comparative Implementation Experience with Cloudera Data Flow / Hortonworks Data Flow / Apache NiFi
- Implementation experience with Hadoop platform security management like Knox, Kerberos authentication, Ranger, Ranger KMS with integration with LDAP and Active Directory authentication
- Implementation experience with setting up TLS, SSL, Data Encryption at Rest, Data Encryption in Motion, Active Directory and LDAP Directory Services authentication and authorization
- Implementation Experience with Disaster Recovery
- DevOps experience with automation tool like Chef/Puppet/Ansible (bonus)
- Implementation experience with Virtualization and Cloud IaaS and PaaS technologies like Google Cloud Compute Engine, Dataproc, BigQuery, Azure Blob
- Good knowledge working with perimeter network security
- Good understanding of architecture of main cloud provider in terms of security and data handling
- Good knowledge working with ETL, Enterprise Data Warehousing, BI, and Web technologies
- Good understanding of ITIL v3 Foundation
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
Pune India Technology Center (PITC) Schlumberger has embarked on a corporate transformation to deliver a step change in the reliability, efficiency and integration of our technologies, products and services. Advanced technologies are key enablers to this and encompass all aspects of business systems, including the organization platform and processes. Investments in, and building strong competences across, four technology pillars - Business Systems Operations (BSO), Governance and Architecture, Enterprise Solutions, Infrastructure Operations and SAP Program are key to an integrated digital organization that is positioned to deliver superior results. The Schlumberger Pune India Technology Center (PITC) has a fundamental and critical role in this corporate transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.