Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.Role Summary:
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an Electronic Assembler (Wireline) - Houston, TX.Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs component assembly of circuit boards, wiring harnesses, connectors, chassis wiring assemblies and mechanical assemblies.
- Mounts and solders components, wiring harnesses, connectors and mechanical assemblies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Qualified candidate would be self driven, performance driven, and be able to work in a team environment.
- Basic understand of electronic components and their functions
- Skilled at soldering component and point to point wiring and assembling of electronic devices and cables.
- Proficient in the use of multi-meters, and other basic test equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints, and parts lists.
- Ability to identify electronic components and values (Resistor, Capacitor, Diode and color code meaning and tolerance)
- This position is for the 1st shift, with flexibility. Hours may need to vary. Some overtime will be required.
- AA degree in Electro/Mechanics or electronic engineering technology preferred but not required.
- Previous assembly experience with small components
- SN96 and or HMP High Temp soldering experience is highly preferred but not required. Must be able to solder or quickly pick up the required skill.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more