Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an Electro-Mechanical Technician (Wireline) - Houston, TX.Essential Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots, tests, and assembles electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Assists in reworking, repairing, and modifying non-conforming equipment.
- Performs complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation.
- May build test fixtures.
- Provides technical support to other groups and co-workers.
- Trains other technicians.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years experience as an electro/mechanical technician.
- Qualified candidate would be self-driven, performance driven, and be able to work in a team environment.
- Basic understand of electronic components and their functions
- Basic skills on soldering and assembling of electronic and electro/mechanical devices.
- Proficient in the use of multi-meters, meggers, hipot testers, and other basic test and troubleshooting instruments.
- Ability to read, interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints, and parts lists.
- General technical knowledge in fluid power technology, AC/DC circuits, and electro/mechanical devices
- This position is for the 1st shift, with flexibility. Hours may need to vary. Some overtime will be required.
- AA degree in Electro/Mechanics or electronic engineering technology preferred but not required.
- Military members with experience as Fire Control technicians, Depot maintenance, Shipboard electronics maintenance, Diesel mechanics, Radar and Radio technicians.
- SN96 and or HMP High Temp soldering experience is highly preferred but not required.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more