The Measurement Technician Provides gas testing, gas analyses, and metering station audit services in order to satisfy settlement testing and measurement provisions of gas contracts in addition to assisting in project development and economic new connects by performing the following duties. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Learn and understand Targaâ€™s Safety Policies and Procedures and
- Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and process, and have working knowledge of the effect these tasks will have on co-workers and the overall facility.
- Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation
- Assist other Measurement Technicians or Supervisor with measurement or other tasks as directed.
- Organize and maintain records as required.
- Use Maximo to document measurement activities.
- Have a working knowledge of natural gas and natural gas characteristics including gas & liquid measurement.
- Perform calibrations, gas sampling, troubleshooting, repair and installation of liquid / gas flow measurement equipment.
- Able to calibrate and trouble-shoot Total Flow & OMNI flow computers, chromatographs and moisture analyzers
- Troubleshoot and maintain measurement communication systems
- Practice good safe housekeeping.
- Assist in training new hires or other technicians as required.
- Actively participate in all safety meetings and safety functions.
- Create and edit measurement volume statements
- Must be able to perform functions as outlined on essential job duties for a measurement technician.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, and vendors; able to work in a self-directed work team.
- Must be proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and others
- Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks.
- Minimum of 3 years of work of work related experience.
- Working knowledge of functionality of Gas and Liquid measurement / equipment.
- High level computer skills with some ability to do simple programming.
- 2 years in gas processing industry
- Ability to track line item budget tasks
- 2 year technical degree.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.