As a Lead Embedded SW Development Engineer, you will be part of a development team working in new product introduction and existing product sustaining / support. This team is responsible for long-term development programs as well as short-cycle custom design tasks that leverage existing product platforms.Essential Responsibilities:
The Lead Embedded SW Development Engineer will be involved in all aspects of product development ranging from system-level design and requirements analysis, feature development, through prototype generation and testing, to final design validation, documentation, and product release.
In this role Lead Embedded SW Development Engineer, you will:
- Own technical leadership responsibilities for product feature development. implementation, validation, and sustaining
- Engage in all aspects of product development ranging from system level design and requirements analysis through code development and testing
- Work with NPI and sustaining engineering teams in development and execution of product enhancements, product upgrades, and new product introductions
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives related to embedded product functionality and team processes
- Design using object-oriented techniques and associated languages
- Analyze embedded code to determine root cause of defects and implement corrective action
- Develop systems using real-time embedded operating systems (VxWorks, QNX, etc.)
- Develop and implement embedded software ranging from high-level application to low-level hardware device drivers
- Perform Third Party Review of firmware development code
- Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in embedded software development
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills.
- Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
- Demonstrated skills of C / C++ programming language
- Experience creating an embedded application, deploying to an embedded target, and debugging from an embedded target
- Experience troubleshooting customer issues
- Green Belt certified and DFSS trained (GE Employees Only)
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more