Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: CAD60 - CAD70 per annum
Location: Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking an Environmental Advisor for a 1 year contract in Lloydminster. This is a contract role Monday-Friday. The individuals must be local or have their own accommodations as no LOA will be given.
The function of the Environmental Advisor is to provide environmental support to the midstream or downstream businesses based in and around Lloydminster, Saskatchewan. This individual will provide technical and functional expertise for one or more of the clients manufacturing, terminal, or upgrading facilities. This role will require the Environmental Advisor to interact with a broad range of employees and contractors both at a worker level as well as at the supervisory and management levels
• Provide environmental expertise and support to an assigned business unit
• Supervise consulting firms tasked with completing ongoing monitoring programs
• Complete and submit monthly and annual reports
• Support operations during environmental upsets and responses
• Make presentations to stakeholder groups on plans and activities
• Provide strategic environmental advice to internal departments as part of project planning and operational processes
• Liaise with regulatory bodies
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• A Bachelor's degree in one or more of the following disciplines: Environmental Science/Management, Engineering, Geosciences, Biology, Agrology
• Any of the following professional designations: P.Eng, P.Ag, P.Geol, P.Biol as accredited by either Alberta or Saskatchewan
• Minimum 5-7 years of relevant environmental experience working in manufacturing, oil and gas industries
• Strong knowledge of Saskatchewan Environmental Code and the Alberta Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
• Practical experience performing soils and groundwater monitoring.
• Practical experience conducting air quality assessments.
• Demonstrated technical writing skills.
• Detailed understanding of Industry Practices
• Practical knowledge of oil and gas processing
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience working with; regulatory agencies
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multi-task processes.
• Self-motivated and possess strong communication skills (verbal and written)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.