Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Sr. Manager Logistics will be responsible for overseeing the company's development of logistics, policies and procedures, monitoring implementation, customs drawbacks, and providing expert functional support to our global operations. This position will collaborate with technical support of the company's supply chain and maintenance systems with the goal of delivering a seamless transportation solution that will support maintenance efficiency. In addition, the Sr. Manager Logistics will be responsible for execution of all US outbound / inbound international logistics. This individual will drive continual improvement with respect to the above job scope and as a part of this accountability; he/she will manage the performance of company's corporate approved global freight forwarders. Finally, the Sr. Manager Logistics will provide logistic analytical activity support for Operations, Procurement, Purchasing, Inventory Management and other internal organizations as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Structures and executes multiple complex logistical analysis.
- Recommends and implements business process redesigns to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead cross-organizational business teams to identify, quantify, and implement business process redesign.
- Provide analytical support to internal stakeholders as required.
- Gather, coordinate and address any audit findings regarding US and Global Logistics
- Oversees issues related to foreign trade with import and exported goods are in conformance with all U.S. laws and regulations.
- Oversees the Procurement & Supply Chain Logistics Management policy & procedures for compliance.
- Design/improve logistic process and procedures for the company, leveraging best practices from the drilling industry and other industries.
- Implement drawback process with US Customs, capturing drawback amounts on a monthly basis.
- Address and negotiate import/export issues with US Customs as required.
- Continue to implement a performance management system for logistics (selection of KPIs, definition of targets, performance monitoring).
- Manage all US inbound and outbound logistics operations.
- Completion of complex analytic tasks.
- Develop and execute negotiating strategies in anticipation of supplier sales strategies.
- Aggressively leads the implementation of savings opportunities that affect multiple business units and functions.
- Interface with legal regarding regulatory requirements, contract standards and cost.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business management, logistics
- Licensed Custom Broker
- Experience managing import-export global operations and comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of export-import regulations.
- Management experience required
- Demonstrated track record of managing US and international logistics and overall process improvement.
- Previous management and cross-functional team leadership experience.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment.
Master in Supply Chain, MBA or equivalent advanced degree strongly preferred.
- 10+ years' work experience in Logistics.
Experience in drilling and/or oil and gas preferred.
Outstanding cross-functional leadership and communication skills; willing to challenge the status quo and make difficult and unpopular decisions, communicating effectively with senior management of all business units.
- Collaborative facilitator.
Ability to build credibility, get buy-in and commitment with internal and external stakeholders.
Skilled at coaching, mentoring and developing talent
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with internal and external personnel
- Strong organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work successfully in a team environment
- Highly motivated and a self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Ability to work under frequent high-pressure with changing priorities and critical deadlines
- Ability to influence across business and departmental lines, especially at the executive level.
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment.
- Organizational skills
- Understanding of finance and accounting (understanding financial statement, valuation, present value concepts, etc.).
- Ability to negotiate complex deal structures in a team environment incorporating both internal and external parties.
- Communicate effectively with senior management of all business units.
- Expert in export classification and licensing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
- Willing to travel up to 20%.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs