Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Firmware Engineer for a permanent position, located ion Dyce.
We are seeking a Firmware Engineer to join our growing R&D firmware team. Depending on the candidates experience and aptitude, the role will carry with it significant responsibility. The candidate will design, develop and test firmware for downhole and surface tools. They will be responsible for the full firmware development life-cycle.
- All levels of industry experience will be considered - this includes candidates at a junior and senior level. We are recruiting for the right person, rather than requiring a prescribed amount of experience.
- Experience with writing embedded C code on 8/16 bit microcontrollers, previous commercial experience would be ideal, however outstanding candidates with less experience will be considered.
- Have completed complex coding projects in the past and can show an example of this.
- A good understanding of the unique requirements and pitfalls experienced when designing code for microcontrollers, especially considering the condition that company tools are subject to.
- Familiarity with software design concepts and practices. This includes usage of source control, issue tracking systems and managing software releases
- Lateral thinking. Having the ability to come up with the unusual solutions to design challenges and have significant advantages over conventional designs.
- Custom algorithm design. Good mathematics.
- Teamwork. Enjoy working as part of a small team of experts.
- Communicates well cross-functionally with their peers. This includes firmware support to other engineers, technicians and field staff.
- Is pro-active and takes ownership for their projects and drives them to completion. Is capable of juggling the pressure of tight delivery times and managing to keep focus on the high priority items.
- Must be able to communicate well in written and spoken English
- Degree qualified in engineering, physics, computer science, mathematics or similar