Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for a Quality Control Coordinator for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
This position is a real career opportunity for a dynamic individual who is looking to further their knowledge and experience within the Quality Control field, as an integral player within an already successful team.
This position would suit an individual with a sound mechanical engineering education and who has gained QC experience in a previous role and who aspires to build on this within a front-line role with a growing organisation deemed 'best-in-class' in the oil and gas sector.
- To create, maintain and improve Workshop quality standards and procedures
- To supervise Quality Inspection personnel, ensuring their competence and performance meets the required standard
- Take a leadership role in solving technical problems which may arise in manufacturing and through issues raised by customers, utilising the CPL QMS
- Drive the investigation and resolution of product quality issues, including liaising with customers
- Check Factory Acceptance Test certificates to ensure that the products being tested are fit for purpose and meet the relevant technical specification
- Action requests from Workshop highlighting problems with goods supplied. Make investigations into their causes and take relevant action to prevent recurrence.
- Deliver continuous improvement by driving process improvements and updating CPL QMS documentation to reflect the new processes
- Create, report and take overall ownership of quality metrics to track non-conforming products and help drive continuous improvement
- Strive to minimise in-house rework due to flaws by addressing issues with the suppliers
- Organise and oversee customer qualification testing
- Check material certificates against material standards for each job being processed, ensuring that all products are within the relevant technical specification/s
- Produce and issue Certificates of Conformity for each job
- Meet all relevant deadlines
- Hold a mechanical/engineering qualification
- Have experience in quality control processes in an engineering/manufacturing environment,
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of problem-solving and attention to detail
- Be a self-starter conducting all duties with a strong sense of personal discipline
- Be a leader with a passion for excellence and a strong sense of ownership who will relentlessly drive the quality agenda
- Demonstrate high urgency levels and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have effective communication and influencing skills across various departments and interfaces