Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
Our client is looking for an Electronic Engineer - Battery Systems for a permanent position, located in Dyce.
Battery Technology is core to our business. We require an Electronic Engineer who will specialise in battery R&D and provide operationally useful insight and analysis based on our extensive battery testing and development programme
- Lead a small team in the day-to-day aspects of the company's specialist battery R&D programme using our large scale long-term automated test systems.
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis on our ever growing data set
- Maintain, adapt, update and evolve the design of our test systems and research strategies as new requirements and applications emerge.
- Design ad-hoc experiments to address new lines of investigation as they come up (by writing and leading the implementation of 'Test Plans' etc and by providing hands-on assistance where appropriate.
- Liaise with multiple engineering teams to contribute to the battery related aspects of new products development work.
- Previous experience in a related field
- A degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or similar
- Excellent verbal and written Communication skills
- A proven track record of proactively working on your own initiative and problem solving.
- Knowledge and experience of the issues related to various battery chemistries
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience in electronic testing
- Experience of working with SQL databases and large data-sets
- Experience of National Instruments and large data acquisition systems and software
- Experience in MS Excel and MS C#.net.