Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
BHGE currently have an opportunity for an experienced Field Service Technician to support our UK operations. To be a part of a team of Surface Wellhead and X/Tree experts supporting major Oil & Gas operators, while joining a company with endless progression opportunities. This is an offshore staff based role, working on an ad-hoc basis, providing technical direction and assistance to the customer in the installation, operation, maintenance and repair of BHGE Pressure Control products.Essential Responsibilities:
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Provide technical onsite direction and assistance to the customer in the operation, maintenance, repair and installation of BHGE products.
- Provide communication to onshore support and the customer regarding all program activities and problems through accurate, regular and timely reports.
- **Previous Experience working with Surface Equipment Essential, candidates without this experience will not be considered**
We are looking for candidates who can bring to us their experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of Surface Trees, Wellheads and associated equipment, in an offshore environment.
The desired candidate will be the sole Pressure Control representative offshore and will be liaising direct with the customer. As the role is of an Ad-hoc nature, you will be expected to be flexible in your approach to irregular working pattern.
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering is preferable or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Apprenticeship in relevant discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Significant of experience, including: Drilling / Installing and maintaining Surface Wellheads and X/Tree's (Offshore): HPHT; MSNT; NT2;
- Able to carry out Field Repair on all VG Products: (list not extensive) Replace Valve Seats & Gates (On location)
- Carry out Wellhead Upgrades as per engineering PRPs / FSM
- Able to fault diagnose and complete field repair of valve actuator(s) (CH/AVA)
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision
- Understand Technical drawings
- Check over equipment prior to it going offshore
- Competency focused
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more Desired Characteristics:
- Have a proactive approach to allocated task, taking ownership of all aspects of the job: Tooling; Spares; Reviewing job history / lessons learned; Review FSM's / PRP's.
- Willing to work in the office or onshore in Altens as and when requested by the company
- Be customer focused and results driven
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Solid interpersonal and leadership skill
- Solid understanding of offshore environment
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse