Scopus Engineering LTD are recruiting a Senior Piping Designer to join our Aberdeen based team for a 3 months contract.
- Execute design and draughting activities (Concept, Front End Engineering Development, Technical Study & Detail Design)
- Prepare Plant Layout and Piping drawings and design deliverables to the required technical quality with minimum input from engineering personnel as required.
- Preparation & checking of piping design deliverables
- Ability to work to own initiative
- Preparation of Construction Workpacks
- Checking of Construction Workpacks
- Preparation & Checking of Material Requisitions
- Preparation & Checking of PED Technical Files
- Proficient with Autocad 2D & 3D
- Proficient using Navisworks
- Ability to present model reviews and presentations
- Knowledge and use of LFM Software
- Ability to prepare Piping Estimates
- Knowledge and understanding of Pipe Supports
- Ability to read and understand client specifications
- Ability to read and understand Scopes of Work
- Preparation of site sketches
- Ability to prepare survey reports
- Understand when to engage Pipe Stress Engineers
- Understands the principles of safety in Piping Design
- Ability to work to and meet planned dates
- Knowledge and understanding of Scopus procedures
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development.
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation.
- Ability to liaise with the client where required
- Ability to liaise with vendors where required
- Essential: 7 years' experience in Piping Design / Engineering - Oil and Gas preferred
Qualifications / Training Required:
- Essential: HNC or relative experience preferred.
- Project Specific (if applicable)
- Professional demeanor, strong interpersonal skills
- Maintains pride in presentation / output
- Enthusiastic, conscientious and keen to learn
- Flexible with a can-do attitude
- Can mentor and support junior colleagues
- Can work to own initiative