Skills: Reservoir Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
OPERATED OFFSHORE OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT
SR. RESERVOIR ENGINEER
Primary Purpose of Job
Steward integrated reservoir studies of the QP operated oil fields to optimize field development plans. Provide technical supervision and contribution of the construction and updating of reservoir simulation modelling and reservoir / well performance data analysis. Contribute to reservoir surveillance, infill and workover programs, well planning, reservoir management activities and field annual reviews. Steward and formulate detailed/integrated development plans for both developed and undeveloped hydrocarbon resources. Perform annual reserves review and generate long term production/injection forecasts. Identify key reservoir and development uncertainties and recommend mitigation plans. Provide on-the-job training for young engineers.
BSc in Engineering (preferably in Petroleum Engineering) or Applied Sciences.
Experience & Skills
• Minimum 15 years work experience as a Reservoir Engineer in the Oil and Gas industry with demonstrated reservoir studies/surveillance/performance optimization expertise in large oil and gas fields, emphasizing carbonate reservoirs and horizontal well development.
• Significant experience working on mature oil fields under water-flood.
• Significant experience in constructing numerical reservoir simulation models from initialization to history matching and field development planning.
• Experience in complex and advanced reservoir simulation techniques (faults/fractures, dual porosity, compositional..etc).
• Experienced in infill and workover wells tasks, well planning and well proposal preparation and reservoir monitoring.
• Advanced experience in PVT and SCAL, from sampling to property modeling, and data analysis and implementation in simulation models.
• Experience in transient well test interpretation, material balance modelling, wellbore dynamics modeling and performance prediction of vertical and horizontal wells.
• Must be familiar with reserves evaluation, using various methods including Advanced DCA and simulation modeling, classification and booking (SPE PRMS or SEC standards).
• Working knowledge of uncertainty analysis and risk assessment and management.
• Must have strong teamwork skills. Experience working in a multicultural environment is a plus. Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff and management
• Must have experience mentoring less experienced engineers.
• Experience with fractured carbonate reservoirs under waterflood, oil rim development and gas recycling projects
• Knowledge in EOR techniques in particular miscible/immiscible gas injection.
• Desirable to working knowledge of gas condensate reservoir, gas recycling schemes, and gas field development experience
.• MSc in Petroleum Engineering or Applied Sciences.
Software Knowledge / Experience:
• Simulation - Eclipse 100/300
• Petrel RE
• Fluid property modelling - PVTi, PVTSim
• Material balance - MBAL
• Wellbore dynamics modelling - PROSPER
• Well test interpretation - Saphir
• Reservoir surveillance - OFM
• Using uncertainty software such as MEPO is a plus.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa