Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Belle Chasse, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Environmental Team Lead located in Belle Chasse , LA Louisiana / United States through September 6, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 402968
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
The Environmental Team Lead position resides in the Health, Environmental, and Safety Department for the Chevron Oronite Company LLC - Oak Point Plant in Belle Chasse, LA. The Environmental Team Leader manages environmental
monitoring and reporting requirements in their assigned area of responsibility, and functions at a high level to supervise a team providing support for air, water, and waste matters (compliance, permitting, OE assurance, and advocacy). This is a first level supervisor position leading a diverse workgroup of approximately 2 exempt employees.
This position reports directly to the HES & PSM Manager.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental, Chemical or Mechanical Engineer or Environmental Science related
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years HES experience in or supporting a Petrochemical Facility.
- At least 1 year of Supervisor experience as a Team Leader
- Role model experienced in mentoring others to successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of how to apply environmental compliance/monitoring/reporting in a field location (petrochemical preferred) and providing/assisting with regulatory guidance and expertise to Operations, Technical, Planning and HES personnel.
- Knowledge of Federal and State air regulations and compliance reporting experience required.
- Experience with managing regulatory inspections.
- Experience with waste water treatment systems.
- Water compliance reporting experience required.
- Experience with managing large remediation projects.
- Knowledge of solid waste and hazardous waste groundwater programs.
- Subject Matter Expert for Air/Water/Waste regulations.
- Experience developing/implementing/maintaining corporate initiatives such as Operation Excellence/RC14001 environmental systems.
- Proven team player, able to work effectively with cross-functional groups and site leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to foster cooperation and collaboration across all work areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience effectively communicating with diverse groups including regulatory agencies, consultants, and management.
- Petrochemical experience preferred
- At least 3 years supervisory experience
- General petrochemical process knowledge, strong ability to read and interpret environmental regulations and convey the message in a concise format to multiple working levels.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: New Orleans
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.