If you're highly ambitious, safety-conscious, and thrive in complex and uncertain situations, this role will help you grow and develop in a business that encourages both personal and professional development where you'll be part of some of the most ground-breaking projects anywhere in the industry.
Where you fit in?
Operations Craft and Maintenance jobs at Shell are essential to the ongoing success of the company. In one of our Operations and Maintenance roles you will be part of a growing team that is tasked with the safe and efficient day-to-day operation of our global projects and assets.
Shell Catalyst & Technology Plant, Michigan City, IN produce materials used in refineries around the world for the production of fuels. Working in our oil refineries, and other operations, a career in Operations and Maintenance at Shell is one right at the front line of the company's activities. You can have a purpose-driven career with the work you will do everyday and leave a positive impact on your life, your community and the world.
What's the role?
On a day to day basis, Maintenance Mechanics are involved with the following activities;
- You will repair, install, calibrate, test and clean plant equipment in accordance to Standard Operating Plan, Daily Operating Instructions and Standing Instructions and Site Health, Safety, Security, Environment procedures;
- Identify and implement equipment improvements to increase plant reliability Communicate verbally and in writing to operations employees, supervisors and others regarding the identification of problems and completion of jobs in their area
- Manage plant and equipment upsets, abnormal conditions and subsequent trouble-shooting including incidents/plant emergencies and subsequent follow-up;
- Assisting in coordination of daily maintenance planning and participating in shutdown and start-up of units;
- Contributing in keeping process materials records and to maintain good housekeeping practices;
- Keeping log records of operational activities for optimal and thorough handover to other shifts; and
- Participate in maintenance activities
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries that aims to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers.Requirements
What we need from you?
- 5 years current experience as a Mechanic or Millwright in an industrial environment or have completed (documented) training and/or certification in plant maintenance /millwright in an industrial or Military environment
- Willing to work in compact and confined spaces with or without accommodation
- Willing to support the companies drug-free work environment, harassment free work environment policy, safety policies in diversity and inclusion policies
- Must be able to work in the United States on a permanent basis without the requirement of a visa.
- Possess a current , valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States
- Comply with all HSE regulations, policies, standards, practices and actively participate in improving plant safety culture
- Tend to emergencies, successful candidates must reside within 90 minutes of the site or be willing to relocate to within 90 minutes of the site without relocation assistance
- Must be flexible to work overtime, nights and weekends when the need arises.
- Must be at least 18 years old, with a minimum High school diploma or GED. Able read, write and speak English.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorized Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.