Skills: Site Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Norco, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
In the Operations Support Engineer (OSE) role, you will gain an in-depth understanding of how Shell's commercial-scale facilities continuously producing refining and chemicals products function, and how to connect fundamental engineering principles to real world applications to improve the safety, environmental, reliability, and profitability of the production areas you are responsible for. Due to the variety of experiences leading to development of both leadership and technical skills that OSEs experience, this role serves as a key launching point to a variety of different careers with escalating responsibility within Shell.
The Operations Support Engineer (OSE) provides process engineering support to the 24x7 Production organization, to ensure excellence in Process Safety, Reliability, Margin/Energy Optimization, and Cost Management. The OSE works closely with the Production Specialist and other members of the Production Team to provide technical assurance to unit operations and ensure production plan delivery. In addition, the OSE plays a key role in Continuous Improvement, Project Development and Turnaround Planning and Execution.
- Perform proactive technical monitoring to understand process unit performance, troubleshoot operating issues, and identify opportunities for improvement. This key OSE activity is a feeder for multiple work processes
- Provide technical assurance to ensure the process units operate within established limits
- Identify threats and opportunities to meeting the production plan and business objectives and develop and implement plans to mitigate these threats and opportunities
- Utilize sound Causal Learning methods for problem solving and determining root and contributing causes to unit upsets and reliability events
- Lead and participate in plant changes and associated Management of Change (MOC) to ensure robust Process Safety Management for changes to be implemented
- Participate in Process Hazard Analyses to identify and assess Process Safety threats and develop recommendations to mitigate these threats
- Perform safeguarding evaluations to ensure proper protection against equipment overpressure and failure scenarios
- Identify opportunities for Margin and Energy improvements and drive changes to capture these opportunities
- Ensure optimization of catalyst and chemicals usage
- Provide process engineering support to Turnaround Planning and Execution to ensure Reliability and Turnaround objectives are met
- Provide support to capital projects to ensure proper implementation and performance when integrated into existing operating units and systems
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree is required; Chemical Engineering or related field is preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience
- The individual must be proficient in the use of spreadsheets, computer and simulation models.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, physics, chemistry, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
- Must have a TWIC card or ability to get one.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Learn More about Shell: Watch their Life at Shell Video