Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Networking & Telecom, IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
The Engineer II position performs technology engineering work to support and optimize one or more elements of the infrastructure that are limited in scope of impact and complexity (e.g., stable technologies; established and somewhat routine; used in non-routine critical tasks) following defined procedures, practices, and standards. Escalates issues as needed to the next level of engineer job progression.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implements patches and fixes, deploys new software releases, and provides other ongoing support to the network infrastructure
- Builds productive, inter and intra divisional relationships to learn how the network can be used to meet business needs
- Maintains the Nabors network and security infrastructure to assure operational availability and integrity; documents problems and solutions using Nabors ticketing system; and performs moderately complex activities to maintain continuity; monitors capacity usage and performance
- Resolves Tier 3 network and security tickets
- Interacts with clients to gather information and elicit details of their needs. Consults with clients by providing direction and explaining course(s) of action to reach a resolution. Recommends solutions and presents information in a way that optimizes client understanding. Works toward achieving an approved solution and implements within established network and security standards
- Interacts with vendors for technical support within existing vendor agreements
- Observes experienced project managers to learn technology engineering project management skills and applies learned knowledge and skills by contributing to project plans, RFPs, and RFIs
- Works closely with architecture to investigate, evaluate, and test new products and technologies relevant to Nabors network and security infrastructure to enhance performance, resilience, and security
- Identifies needs or opportunities to optimize existing processes and policies; and works with management to make improvements.
- Ability to work 1 week on call rotation
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related fields is required
- 3 to 5 years' experience in one or more of these technologies: Cisco ISE, Cisco DNA, Cisco FTD, Cisco WAAS, Cisco DMVPN, Zscaler, MPLS, MP BGP, VRF, VSAT, iDirect, Winegard, Solarwinds.
- 3 to 5 years' experience working with/for the oil and gas industry.
- CCNP Routing & Switching
- 4 years or more of relevant functional experience in engineer role or equivalent
- Sufficient understanding of the principles of IT infrastructure support, and working knowledge in one or two technology areas
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Decision Making
- Process & Analytic Ability
- Software Systems Infrastructure - Level Two
- Capacity Planning and Management - Level Two
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) - Level Two
- Technology Architecture - Level Two
- Emerging Technology - Level Two
- IT Standards, Procedures, Policies - Level Two
- Technology Troubleshooting - Level Two
- Information Management - Level Two
- Product and Vendor Evaluation - Level Two
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs