Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The SPC Lab Technician is responsible in participating in a test readiness review (TRR) to express any concerns before assembly and testing is conducted. Lab technician will work closely with project manager and test engineers before, during, and after completion of testing requirements to meet our internal/external client's needs.
The SPC Lab technician is also responsible for reading and understanding test procedures and drawings associated with testing requirements. Lab technician must plan forward with a clear test strategy and remain focused on the project while maintaining a clear safety culture in his daily job functions. Must pay close attention to detail while performing pressure test, temperature test, and or pull test. Lab technician must have HSE knowledge and is able to embrace at all levels of his job functions.
Reporting directly to the SPC Lab Manager the lab technician must possess specialized skills in the domains of Testing, Qualification, Planning, Estimating, Ability to spot Safety Risk, HSE, and shall take full ownership of all associated projects.
A strong Testing and Qualification competency and skillset (Testing Philosophy, HSE, Process Development, Project Execution, Risk Management) shall be required for this key role.
- Provide feedback to the Lab engineers, test engineers, inspectors, and logistic teams, and lab manager
- Promote testing excellence and efficiency gains in the support of product testing & qualification
- Ability to estimate time/duration of test requirements
- Attend all Pre-TRR and TRR for all scheduled tests assigned
- Maintaining the work load in accordance to schedule
- Work with Project Managers to identify and resolve parts conflicts or test issues
- Monitor daily tasks assigned via email or verbal by lab manger, lab engineers, test engineers, project managers and or upper management
- Establish and maintain a safety culture including creating safety concerns where adequate, read (SRA) Safety Risk Assessments associated with test/project, participate in Framework 2.0, and participating in morning HSE/Tool box meetings
- Establish and maintain a quality culture including defining work instructions, managing all required paperwork for each project including trace sheets and calibration
- Generate a Request to lab manager via e-mail for the lab's material needs
- Support QMS Local Testing & Qualification Process and Procedure development
- Attend and accept all Touchpoints and PD Summary's for the Lab Technicians
- Works closely with the Lab Engineer BHGE Engineering PL with questions on project related issues
- Procedure/Drawing comprehension required
- Contribute to Lab communications and team briefs on active needs or concerns
- Ensure company compliance initiatives and training requirements are complete within allowable time
- High school diploma / GED with a minimum of 5 years of Testing & Qualification experience
- Ability to work alone in a testing & qualification environment
- Skillset within areas ability to work with hands, repetitively, able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to resolve and speak to Engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Lead initiatives/projects with little or no supervision
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously/multitask
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Organizational ability to complete task from start to finish
- Experience in Labview preferred but not required
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more