The Measurement & Sensing Division of Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE) is $500M business leading the market in the design and manufacture of Instrumentation and sensors that are utilized in a vast array of market segments. Whether it's our work in the Reuter Stokes business to provide high accuracy Flame sensors to measure flame intensity for Heavy Duty Gas Turbines for asset protection, Druck Sensors for critical measurements of high pressure and temperature Subsea well applications or high accuracy Flow meters for Liquid and Gas Custody transfer in our Panametrics business, BHGE's combination of science and technology is dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into the products and services that solve some of the world's toughest challenges.
This role will lead commercial finance analytics for the product company. The commercial finance analyst report to the CFO, serving as the operating partner for the M&S Global Sales leader and the M&S sales directors across the globe. Essential Responsibilities
In the role of Measurement and Sensing Commercial Finance Analyst, you will:
- Be a business partner to the global sales leader -
- Develop analytics to drive visibility into where we are growing (or not) and which regions and product lines are most profitable. This person will also support the global sales leader with target-setting during business planning sessions and actuals reporting for all front-end orders & sales metrics.
- Be active in Sales pipeline & pacing discussions, using data to challenge the commercial teams on performance.
- Manage base cost budget (including setting targets, pacing estimates and analyzing actuals) and develop plan with leadership team on future resourcing, salesforce effectiveness and sales incentive plan payouts.
- Partner with the M&S Channel Partner leader to drive ROI analytics on channel fidelity programming, commissions and discount analytics to ensure channel partner growth is done profitability with strong governance.
- Partner with the M&S Sales Operations leader to drive price accretion
- Work with Genpact analyst(s) to own price lists across M&S. This includes working with the product line teams to determine the appropriate bi-annual price actions as well as working with engineering, sales and product line teams to make real-time updates.
- Calculate price metrics including Discount (DoA) analytics, Sales Price Index (SPI) and Average Selling Price (ASP) and provide consistent visibility to metrics with region & product line teams to drive price improvements. Work to automate these metrics into repeatable dashboards in tableau or otherwise.
- Drive compliance and controllership across the business
- Drive consistency of order booking and RPO reporting across the regions
- Ensure strong controllership routines & processes are followed related to sales rep commissions.
- Develop people
- Provide training across the organization to develop the commercial finance analytic skillset
- Manage Genpact analyst(s), ensuring accuracy & timeliness of price list updates
- Support the development of FMPs, interns as needed
- Be a go-to person to provide expertise on commercial processes & metrics
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a financial position
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial position is preferred
- ASPIRE or FMP Graduate is preferred
- Knowledge of GE/BHGE business operations is preferred
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to dive deep in details and synthesize into key insights and actions
- Knowledge of SAP, BI, Theia, & HFM systems
- Ability to work within matrix organization
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional team
- Knowledge of Measurement & Controls business
- Billerica, MA; Shannon, Ireland; Leicaster, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more