Company: NES Global Talent
Skills: HSE Auditing, Safety Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Salary: £750 - £900 per day
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client is currently seeking a Sr. Staff PHA Facilitator for a 1 year contract in Calgary. This role is Monday-Friday and the individual must be local or have their own accommodations.
CANDIDATE VALUE PROPOSITION:
The position in the Technical Services Operations Support Team facilitates process hazards analyses to the client's field operations across all business units.
• Facilitate Process Hazard & Layers of Protection Analysis (PHA's & LOPA)
• Provide guidance/assist in development of Shutdown Philosophies & Shutdown Keys
• Provide input to P&ID reviews, Control Narratives and other Operations needs
• Demonstrate commitment and leadership on safety, environment and quality matters. Achieve established HS&E objectives.
• Work collaboratively with other Technical Services, EPPM and Client teams to develop and implement solutions.
• Promote EPPM Technical Services and the Operations Support Team.
• Ensure that there is a high level of customer satisfaction for services delivered.
• Support the development of and report on key performance indicators to aid communication of services delivered to the business.
• Develop relationships with technical and leadership teams in operations.
• Support the business unit operations to ensure proposed equipment changes, upgrades and additions are reviewed and are compliant with regulations and good engineering practices.
MUST HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Engineering degree or (three year) diploma (typically Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical)
• Must have a minimum of 5 years' PHA facilitation experience.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years' experience working with operating facilities.
• Broad experience (7 years) gained working with upstream oil and gas production facilities.
• Broad experience (3 years) gained working with downstream facilities including refining and pipeline operations.
• Trained and have experience in facilitation of PHA's (HazOp/LOPA/What-if methodologies)
• Microsoft office
• Experience in the applying engineering specifications and best practices
• Effective interpersonal, innovation, organizational skills, and ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong time management skills
• Comfortable with public speaking
• Travel will be required for this position up to 50% may involve travel to USA
NICE TO HAVE QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be a certified professional engineer (P.Eng.) in the province of Alberta, or be eligible for certification.
• Must be a registered technologist in the province of Alberta.
• Broad experience (10 years) gained following Western Canada oil and gas regulations as well as applicable codes and standards (API, ASME, ISO etc)
• Understanding oil and gas economics and basic project management skills
• PHA Pro8 (Process Hazards Analyses software)
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.