Lead the local Contract & Procurement (CP) team to provide the Manufacturing business in Mobile with top-quartile procurement professionalism and increase bottom-line through realization of cost savings and implementation of top-line improvements opportunities. Manage all parts of the CP function to show one face to the site. The CP Site Manager is viewed as a Commercial thought leader, bringing creativity and the ability to drive change with Site Leadership Team members.
The following are the desired attributes of the role:
- Possesses a deep understanding of the Site's business model which includes 'what drives the business' and 'how the Site runs'.
- Able to help the Site find the right balance between "Solomon competitiveness" and "cost leadership".
- Skilled at teaching others how to structure a contract properly in order to drive the desired commercial outcomes and behaviors with suppliers/contractors, as well as drive commercial excellence in contract management.
- Brings a deep understanding of the local marketplace, as well as the changing economic dynamics and supply chains in which the Site operates and competes.
- Leads the shift from "reinforcing Contract Owner and Holder expectations" to "measuring success of Contract Owner and Holder commerciality" for all Site contracts.
- Demonstrates the courage and passion to stand firm and have the tough discussions with Site Leadership Teams when warranted.
- Determines when the Site needs resources from elsewhere in Shell and demonstrates the ability to align the priorities of these individuals with the Site's competitiveness plans.
- Accountable for delivery of 3rd party goods and services at the Mobile site.
- Closely engage and work with Manufacturing stakeholders on Site to ensure:
- Clear understanding of the business requirements, objectives and priorities
- Allocation of the required resources for preparing and implementing procurement strategies
- Management of the contracts so that Shell gets the maximum value out of those
- Awareness of and adherence to procurement processes
- Drive improvement across all 3rd party spend categories on Site and mitigate supplier related risks (financial, commercial, HSSE, supply, etc.)
- Own the CP integrated delivery plan including contributions from other parts of the CP organization
- Partner to ensure that Third Party Spend Reduction is embedded by Finance via the T&R process
- Drive Lean, HSSE and Daily Cost Transparency in all contact management discussions
- Ensure safe, effective, and efficient materials management and warehouse operations
- Demonstrate commercial curiosity (i.e. go after the external perspective on best practices; translate locally and across sites)
- Ensure third party spend management is a priority for the Site Leadership Team (SLT);
- Take an active role in delivering the assurance program at the site - includes formal audits, contract management basics, Contract Optimization Reviews, and self-assessments as needed.
- Accountable for all contract implementation, post award contract management, and continuous improvement at the Site regardless of category. This includes clarifying priorities in the Site Value Growth Plans.
- Ensure an effective site CP team which implies good people management skills and the ability to resource, develop, motivate and perform especially in uncertain business challenges.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in contracts, procurement, supply chain, logistics, managing contractors or other contracts related experience.
- Commercial experience required.
- Proven track record of leadership, execution excellence and delivering results in a challenging business environment.
- Sound understanding of Manufacturing and its business direction and strategy desired.
- Passion for attracting, retaining and developing talent.
- Evidence of "Enterprise first" values and behaviors.
- Well organized and able to manage competing priorities.
- Enthusiasm, high energy and team player.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.