Louisiana, United States
Louisiana, United States
Skills: Casing, Maintenance Technician, Field Service Tech
Other Skills: Plug and Abandonment
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
The primary role of the Service Technician is to assist in Plug and Abandonment operations by providing experience and capability in the following roles: Slot Recovery, Casing Cutting, Hot bolting, Hydraulic Torquing and Wellhead Maintenance Repair and Comprehension.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience of operating and maintaining diamond wire saws and associated cutting equipment.
- Experience of conductor removal equipment (guillotine saws / drill and pin tooling)
- Perform pre and post job testing on all equipment. Load and unload gang boxes and work vans.
- Disassemble, inspect, maintain, repair and reassemble all equipment. Troubleshoot, identify and replace defective parts and components on all equipment.
- Clean work area, tools and equipment and perform other routine duties associated with day to day operations and equipment upkeep.
- Instruct other technicians in job setup, de-mob and pre-and post-job testing of all equipment as per Lead Technician or Shop Foreman direction.
- Assist with all technical data for job such as drawings and changes to drawings as required for job.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment that is involved with job.
Preferred candidate will possess a combination of the following:
- Minimum 2 years Plug and Abandonment experience
- Experience in Slot Recovery operating and maintaining diamond wire saws and associated cutting equipment
- Experience in Casing Cutting Services and removal equipment (guillotine saws/ Drills and Pinning Tools)
- Preferred Wellhead Services equipment repair and maintenance experience
- Good operational and maintenance knowledge of Wellhead equipment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Mechanical aptitude
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Operations Mangarer
- May take direction from Lead Technician when working offshore
- Willingness to work offshore
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
This position is considered OFFSHORE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85 decibels and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
- Requires working outdoors, exposed to all weather conditions.
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.