Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Tinsley, Mississippi, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Wood is searching for Maintenance Technicians with previous general maintenance experience in the Tinsley, MS area.
The candidate will be responsible for supporting all areas of the Field Operations. This position is diverse and may vary on a daily basis. Incumbent may be required to work with hand tools, power tools, and heavy equipment. Will be required to work in all types of weather conditions.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Work with hands to keep the equipment maintained and clean;
- Ability to perform basic maintenance on oilfield infrastructure and gas fields using the proper tools;
- Complete housekeeping duties at the job site, company vehicle and equipment;
- Willing to work in all weather conditions;
- Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, stand, climb and lift up to 75 lbs. and perform numerous task that require physical agility and manual dexterity as well as mental acuity throughout shift.
- Ability to work and bolt up flanges
- Work on Call and weekends as needed or required
- Use of basic tools such as hammers, wrenches, shovels, screwdrivers, power tools, etc.
- Ability to operate a forklift & man lift
- Have a good Safety Culture
- Ability to work well with others.
- Listen and adhering to direction from the Pusher/Supervisor in the field;
- Always wear appropriate PPE (FRC, hard hat, steel toed shoes/boots, safety glasses and hearing protection);
- Drive appropriately for the conditions, always wear seat belt, do not use phones in any way while operating a vehicle;
- Follow call-out procedures when on call;
- Implement stop work authority as needed;
- Participate in each JSA daily and for any new tasks;
- Report environmental spills immediately and erosion as it is found;
- Routinely check and maintain all mechanical equipment (ATVs, water pumps, air compressors, generators, etc.).
- Maintain acceptable hygiene and professional appearance and is clean shaven daily.
- Required to attend all safety meetings unless approved otherwise by Supervisor.
- Report to work as scheduled
- Must participate in Behavioral Based Safety Observation Program and Stop Work Authority
- Report any suspicious activity or wrong doing to your Supervisor immediately
- Must follow Company and Client policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- Ability to understand gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure equipment is working properly;
- Ability to perform routine maintenance on machines and equipment;
- Ability to make threads on 1 in. to 3 in. pipe.
- Ability to identify issues and may or may not be able to fix them without assistance;
- Ability to understand and follow procedures
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts;
- Able to learn company specific applications;
- Has a limited knowledge of an oilfield site and plant;
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds;
- Willing to work weekends and long days.
- High school diploma or GED required. 0 - 2 yrs. experience.
- Must have a good driving record and a valid driver's license.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.