Skills: Ships Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Rotational Contractor
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
LOCATION: Offshore Newfoundland
TYPE OF RIG: Semi-submersible
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the vessel. Exercise effective control and efficient operation of the technical and mechanical aspects of the rig with due regard to personnel safety, the rig, and protection of the environment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Work experience and demonstrated ability of oral and written communications may be substituted in lieu of formal education
- 4th Class Engineer Certificate
- 2+ years experience as a 3rd Assistant Engineer
- Valid medical examination and vaccination certificates
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Must have Basic Survival Training, H2S Alive, First Aid, WHMIS 2015, Fall Protection and Confined Space Entry.
- Coordinate and ensure that all mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment maintenance and repair is done in a safe and prudent manner
- Monitor the power plants controls and power distribution; ensure that power is available at all times
- Operate, maintain and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system
- Supervise the maintenance and repair of all pumps and valves of the ballast system, thrusters, associated driven pumps and auxiliary equipment
- Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering an use of fuel, potable water, and drill water in consideration of the rig's stability
- Carry out equipment periodic maintenance according to the RMS guidelines and coordinate same with First Engineer
- Other Duties as Assigned
We encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents in Newfoundland will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on Linked In, Facebook and Twitter for future opportunities: