As a Crane Inspector you must be able to:
- Attend and Oversee Annual Crane Inspections, USCG 5-yr crane re-certifications & Heavy Lift Inspections
- Create Technical Work Instructions
- Assist with Day-to-Day Troubleshooting of Asset cranes
- Assist with overhead Hoist and Rigging Inspections
- Review of Oil Sample/Torque Reports
- Assist in Management of spare parts, develop storage maintenance plans, and integrate into SAP
- Annual Asset Crane Maintenance Survey (6M review)
- Provide Project Support (Brownfield)/Turnaround Support
- Assist with Crane Modification or Upgrade (Safety, Performance, or Reliability-Based)
- Major Preventative Maintenance Readiness
- Participate and provide technical input for Lifting and Hoisting (L&H) CM/PM review meetings. Assist planner/scheduler group in tracking CM's to completion.
- Provide support to the construction and civil engineering
- USCG/BSEE Liaison-Lifting and Hoisting Related
- Support Inspection Report Compliance/Assurance
- Share Point Site Upkeep
- Attend and support HAZID/HAZOP
- Visit vendor locations to witness and provide technical input for equipment teardown/rebuilds & RCFA's.
- Assist with development, review, and upkeep of L&H standards and processes
- Support Derrick Barge Lifts
- Perform Crane Operator assessments /Local Lifting Focal Point Oversight
- Provide support for Greenfield Projects
- Ability to perform LOD-1 audits
- Ability to Perform Lifting and Hoisting DROPS surveys.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- 7+ years of relevant work experience with operations, inspections, maintenance, repairs, design, and/or installation of cranes and related Lifting & Hoisting equipment.
- Practical working knowledge of relevant company and industry standards associated with crane and Lifting & Hoisting equipment.
- Demonstrated personal commitment to Safety as a Value is required
- Exploration and Production operational background with some experience in field operations is strongly preferred
- Experienced with Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) techniques and processes
- Experienced with Casual Learning is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities to build ownership toward the asset and maximize overall resultsAnchor
- HUET training is required
- Ability to acquire TWIC card required
- Proven ability to work across team and within cross discipline teams
- Effective communication skills with engineers and operators
- Excellent change management skills
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.