Software Engineer - InternAbout Us:
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
BHGE's interns are our future leaders. It's how we get to know you and how you get to know us. At BHGE, you'll do real work with real business leaders in an atmosphere that will challenge you and support your development.Essential Responsibilities:
- Embedded Software/Systems Engineering
- Communications software e.g. Ethernet/TCP-IP, CAN, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Graphical User Interface design and software
- C++/C#/C/Java Programming Languages
- Appreciation of Electronic Hardware and Software Interfacing.
· Currently studying towards a Computer Science, Software Engineering or Electronics related degree - penultimate or final year.
· Problem Solver
· Clear Communication
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Ability to work as part of a teamDesired Characteristics:
· Hands on experience (modular gained) of working with embedded software.Locations:
· Groby, Leicester
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more