Deliver detailed job plans, cost estimates, schedules and critical path controls for the execution of turnaround activities. Provide planning and scheduling work direction to other craft planners. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop detailed job plans with safety as the number one priority
- Develop, analyze and optimize both unit and overall schedules using P6
- Manage the planning and scheduling effort from work list development to post project review (includes work lists, Risk Based Work Selection, budgets, schedule duration, critical path management, monitoring milestone compliance, creating progress reports and incorporation of best practices and lessons learned)
- Validate resource requirements for the total event, by unit / contractor
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of resource leveling and resource histograms
- Identify and monitor all critical and sub-critical paths for the total event
- Measure and analyze progress performance and forecasts, and identify productivity issues and resolutions
- Validate turnaround / event duration based on schedule analysis, potential risks, and anticipated contingency for weather and other events
- Generate event-level reports and assist with detail reporting (status, look-ahead, forecast)
- Coordinate outside shop fabrication
- Validate purchase order changes, field change orders, delays and standby charges
- Identify and order necessary material for each worklist item
- Develop bid specifications, assist procurement with bid analysis, and validate requisitions for purchase orders. Develop estimates including business plan, class-V and control. Provide timely information to cost team and steward cost appropriately. Maintain upgrades and modifications to support turnaround organization databases.
Key Performance Dimensions
- Knowledge and use of Refinery safe operation procedures.
- Proficient in turnaround planning / scheduling and estimating principles and techniques.
- Proficient computer skills, including Primavera P6, SAP, Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, MS Project Manager, MS PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Knowledge and use of procurement, accounting, contracting and QA/QC Procedures.
- Knowledgeable in basic process unit processes and process equipment (pumps, vessels, heaters, exchangers, etc.)
- Meeting facilitation abilities
- Ability to mentor and train other planners and schedulers in the use of good planning and scheduling practices
- Experience in and understanding of metals crafts (piping, exchangers, vessels, scaffolding)
- Demonstrates strength in communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage projects in a timely manner / organizational skills
- Continues to progress competence and in database programing and other programs need for T/A planning
- Complete work and projects in self-directed work environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze projects in order to find the most efficient path through a plan/project.
- Excellent Problem solving abilities.
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.