Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Engineering Manager
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:The Project Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing Electrical Actuator development programs, studies and/or delivery projects through engineering, procurement, assembly, testing and qualification. She/he is part of the Execution Team and demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, and to develop and execute objectives for self and others.
Essential Responsibilities:• Lead and execute product development and delivery projects
• Manage the assigned project with full responsibility for technical content, meeting cost and schedule
• Prepare and maintain an updated project plan and risk register
• Prepare and maintain project documents
• Communicate with other departments, Engineering department Manager, customers and Engineering Test & Assembly
• Lead the project team and assign tasks to the individual members of the team
• Prepare reporting and execute meetings as required
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS and Quality requirements & expectationsQualifications/Requirements:• University degree and domain expertise within Mechatronics, Electrical/Electronic or other relevant discipline
• Experience with technology development programs
• Experience with Project Management
• English fluent verbal and written
• Experienced in standard office tools like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
Desired Characteristics:• Experience from designing, building and testing Subsea Products
• Experience within design of electrical actuators and valves
• Knowledge of International & National Regulations -API17Q, API 17D and/or API 17F
• Strong technical attitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and cope under pressure
• Knowledge of quality management systems, and relevant procedures/standards for product development and qualification
• Strong organization skills
• Strong problem-solving abilities
• Strong customer mind-set
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Basic knowledge of risk management
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more