Skills: Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The All-Electric Systems engineer with expertise Subsea Production Systems is part of the Subsea Power & Processing Engineering team and is responsible for system design and technical reviews within assigned projects and area of expertise.
Essential Responsibilities:The All-Electric System Engineer takes an active technical role on near term and longer-range projects with substantial business impact. Key responsibilities include:
• Perform system design and coordinate technical input from other team members on product development programs, studies, FEEDs and tenders
• Cover all technologies required to understand, specify and provide design proposals within the All-Electric System
• Remain current in the state of the art within own technical area of expertise
• Support other BHGE businesses, supplier, and internal / external customers
• Serve as a recognized leader in defining the state of the art in own technical area of expertise to anticipate, develop and apply technology to current and future business opportunities
• Leverage expertise to resolve problems in the field or during the manufacturing processes
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers
• University degree and domain expertise within Mechatronics, Electrical/Electronic or other relevant discipline
• Experience with system engineering
• English fluent verbal and written
• Experienced in standard office tools like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experience within design of control systems, electrical actuators and valves
• Experience within Subsea Production Systems operation
• Strong technical attitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
• Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve problems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong customer mind-set
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Knowledge of International & National Regulations -API17Q, API 17D and/or API 17F
• Knowledge of quality management systems, and relevant procedures/standards for product development and qualification
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more