Skills: Budget / Cost Control
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Worley are currently recruiting a Construction Coordinator to be based in our Aberdeen office for a duration of 12 months.
You will join our Construction Management Team of highly experienced and competent construction personnel who manage and facilitate construction teams, materials, tools, plant and equipment. We execute established 'best practice' construction working practices, procedures and systems, supporting safe and effective execution of Greenfield, Brownfield and Asset Management projects both onshore and offshore. The Construction function responsibilities include; input into design ensuring implementation of construction best practice and development of optimum, sequenced build philosophies in support of schedule and cost reduction Management and execution of offshore hook up of new facilities and extensive offshore modification work scopes.
- Provide support and training to Construction personnel, ensuring personnel are competent and possess the required skills.
- Actively participate in all Company and Project safety initiatives.
- Provide Construction input into Project strategies, procedures, design phase, plans and schedules.
- Manage thorough Construction Workpack reviews and assess whether scope requirements are met - ie. Constructability of the design, safety, jobcard estimates, materials and tooling etc.
- Review and progress Construction Workpack close out in-line with actual site Construction progress, ensuring relevant documents are inserted / signed off accordingly - ie HIRA, jobcards, site queries, as-built drawings etc.
- Where required, identify, estimate and escalate requirement for Construction growth and create additional jobcards for Client approval. Liaise with Project Controls / Planning to ensure approved growth hours are input into the Project Schedule.
- Ensure that all Construction work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications and Company systems of quality assurance are strictly adhered to and assist the Project quality team in the completion of site system test sheets and the test dossier.
- Attend / input in project meetings - daily / weekly / monthly.
- Liaise with Project personnel to identify and deliver early Construction / Project gains.
- Attend and input into internal and joint tri-party walks and identify / raise necessary punchlist items with the Project Completions teams.
- Audit site / Project activities on a regular basis to ensure all compliance with Project safety, environmental and quality requirements.
- Interface with Project Management and Client representatives on all matters applicable to Construction activities, providing accurate reporting on status including identification of issues or concerns which may impact project delivery.
- Be fully familiar with Sub-Contractors methods of construction, programming and procedures and to resolve any apparent conflicts.
- Ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a Sub-Contractor that an authorised instruction is given by the Construction Manager and / or Project Manager.
- Liaise with the Project Engineering office to ensure P&ID's and other drawings are produced in line with Construction requirements.
- Liaise with Completions / Commissioning Teams in the development of project handover strategy and sequence Provide a link between the Construction and Engineering departments of the project - assist with site surveys, design changes, constructability etc.
- Monitor and report progress on a regular basis - daily / weekly / monthly.
- Where required, raise site queries and propose site solutions for issue to the Project Engineering team prior to executing the works on site. Track, monitor and report on all site query status and ensure site queries are closed-out in accordance with Project procedure.
- Significant experience of Greenfield module construction, involving all disciplines.
- Experience of developing construction schedules for Greenfield module construction
- Knowledge of industry structural/piping standards and specifications, including hydrotesting and N2 leak testing.
- Experience of mechanical completion systems
- Ability to demonstrate experience of managing contractors for the onshore build of Oil & Gas platforms, as well as interfacing with client personnel.
- Development of system/sub-system limits, and coordination of completion to suit handover to commissioning
- Active coordination of multi-discipline trades and activities