Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Norwich, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Piping Engineer, Process Engineer
Other Skills: Decommissioning Engineer, Topsides, Pipelines, Project Engineer, Offshore Operations, Decommissioning
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Salary: To be discussed
Location: Norwich, England, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity to work as part of our Decommissioning Team based in Norwich where you will report to the Lead Decommissioning Engineer for Topsides & Pipelines. This position is responsible for the planning, design, execution and regulatory compliance for decommissioning of topsides and pipelines, inclusive of the clean-up and, if required, removal of process pipework, tanks, vessels , structural items, pipelines, risers and associated valves that typically make up an offshore facility.
The primary focus of the role is to carry out the project engineering from initial feasibility studies and cost estimations, through to detailed engineering, planning, procurement and offshore activities, through to project completion and close-out. You will carry out assessment of decommissioning methods for topsides & pipelines through onshore studies including evaluation of cleaning and demolition methods, plus the technical assurance of the offshore activities. You will develop and maintain close working relationships with both the onshore and offshore teams in the definition and delivery of this work.
This position operates on a Monday to Friday basis with occasional offshore travel necessary, as operationally required.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assess and recommend best topsides & pipelines decommissioning strategy that will comply with QSHE ALARP requirements, and optimize resources.
• Develop basis of design and scope of work for approved strategy.
• Ensure procurement process is followed from market consultation to commercial close-out of the operation.
• Prepare tenders/request for quotations for the scope of works that require external contractors. Review and rank technical offers to provide a recommendation.
• Prepare and/or review engineering of approved strategy, ensuring the appropriate validation process is applied.
• Prepare and review engineering documents with contractors and perform Client Representative Role, or cover for the offshore decommissioning Engineers when required.
• Perform audits of contractors when required and ensure adequate competencies of offshore contractors.
• Provide operational support during offshore execution phases
• Ensure decommissioning activities are adequately prepared and documented, whenever required through a Management of Change process.
• Perform project close-out, inclusive of commercial close-out, lessons learnt and reporting.
• Support the wider Decommissioning Team in:
o Assessing the most appropriate strategy for topsides and pipelines decommissioning with regard to regulation and commitments
o Preparing combined operations for decommissioning projects
o Prepare, engineer and manage Topsides & Pipelines scopes of work related to P&A, dismantlement or barge operations
o Prepare cost estimates for future decommissioning projects
Experience / Qualifications
• Degree qualified Engineer
• 5 years Oil & Gas Project Engineering in a comparable role, or transferable skills from new-build or modifications scopes of work. Piping / Mechanical or Process discipline engineering background preferred
• Working knowledge of project management principles, planning, logistics and relevant legislation
• Offshore experience such as field engineering, or Client representative preferable
• Experience using AUTOCAD software desirable
The successful candidate will be a clear thinker, able to analyse and resolve previously unfaced scenarios and communicate around this. You must be able to bring solutions where the tasks are complex, unclear or uncertain, initiating change from the status quo. You will be enthusiastic, with a 'can do' attitude, bringing new ideas and being ready to challenge the system in the interests of Perenco UK.