Offers the opportunity as an experienced Senior Well Engineer - HPHT to join the team in Al Ahmadi Kuwait.Essential Responsibilities:
- Plan and perform well engineering activities at office level and provide engineering support to field level operations
- Cost / Risk analysis and AFE preparation for drilling operations
- Preparation of engineering design and operational plans for drilling of wells in area of responsibility including well planning, casing design, material and equipment selection, log evaluation, quality assurance and post-job evaluation
- Define rig selection criteria and requirements
- Monitor and apply current best practices and technological advancements to all operations
- Participate in peer reviews, peer assists and other quality assurance activities related to drilling engineering
- Participate in team meetings and strategy discussions
- Monitor daily progress of job(s) or project(s)
- Ensure that actual well costs and other pre-defined KPIs are monitored and benchmarked against offset data and pre-defined well objectives
- Conduct post well evaluations of drilling practices and effectiveness
- Communicate effectively with well site/project Drilling Engineers on a daily and as needed basis, and make recommendations to engineers to optimize drilling performance
- Comply with Baker Hughes' HSE policies and guidelines as per IWS Management System. Contribute to improved HSE standards by setting example by safe work practices
- Participate in implementation of QA procedures as per IWS Management System and contractual requirements
- Conduct business according to our Code of Conduct and Core Values
- Well site engineering support may be required at times
- Participate in tender bid preparation process as needed for drilling & well engineering input. This might include travel to other office locations
- Participate in and conduct customer presentations & meetings, as needed, including travel to other office locations
- Handle special projects, as assigned
- Keep abreast of technological and engineering process advancements through affiliation with professional societies and participation in networks, workshops, seminars and training courses.
- Bachelor's degree in petroleum engineering or other petroleum industry related 4 years degree/ Master's degree a plus
- Well Control certification is an advantage
- 10+ years' experience in drilling engineering activities
- Experience in HPHT, Salt, MPD Drilling operations.
- Experience with deep drilling activities.
- Proficient in the use of drilling and well design software (e.g. Stress Check, well planning software, etc.)
- Preparation of drilling program and Good understanding of bit selection, BHA design, hydraulics and torque & drag, drilling fluid selection, casing running operations, cementing operations, logging operations and analysis
- Good understanding of casing design, cementing slurry and operation design/ NPT analysis
- Risk assessment and mitigation plans
- Cost tracking and Familiar with third party contract management.
Al Ahmadi, Kuwait
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more