Skills: HR - General
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: LONDON, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company's global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup - inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Purpose of Role:
The Workforce Demand & Planning Manager is required to provide expertise in the creation of strategic workforce plan (2-5 years plan), headcount plans (12 months plan), create and lead the deployment of strategy, programs and processes based on the resourcing requirements of the product company.
One of the primary areas of focus of the role is strategic workforce planning, discovering best in class workforce and analytical software tools to implement the company's 2 -5 year staffing plans globally.
The role also creates long-term relationships with the product company's leadership and acts as the point of contact for the leadership team members for all aspects of workforce and recruiting strategies, including tenders and projects, supporting the redeployment of the workforce as to maximize the P&L opportunities and attract as well as retain talent.
The key accountabilities of the Workforce Demand & Planning Manager is to fully understand the opportunities for enhancing strategic workforce and headcount planning, to drive execution of a plan directly linked to the business cycle including tendering and execution of customer contracts and managing cyclical trends. Overseeing the end-to-end hiring process and act as source of expertize for the team(s) controlling recruiting, hiring and onboarding activities including process management, operational execution, continual service and process improvements as well as customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with product company leaders to fully understand the current workforce mix including employees and contingent resources to be able to strategically assess capability and plan for future headcount volume and competence requirements.
- Participate in the development of strategic workforce planning and initiatives, including competency and capability requirements of the product companies.
- Discover and advise on best in class workforce planning technologies and software tools.
- Advise the product company Leaders on opportunities to change the headcount mix of their teams to reduce staffing costs and increase the volume of contract wins by being able to demonstrate competence to perform as part of all business tenders.
- Act as the single point of accountability for the product company leaders to build trust-based relationships to underpin and influence resourcing plans.
- Collaborate with TA Leadership to establish metrics and KPIs to drive performance
- Influence the effectiveness the teams of Recruiters and Processers who are accountable for the delivery of transactions associated with all talent acquisition, deployment and release activities.
- Provide reports to leadership to highlight HC trends, movements and statistics and recommend actions to ensure goals and desired outcomes are being achieved.
- Ensure continuous process improvement.
- Lead any workforce-related process improvements and cost saving initiatives to ensure best in class service and customer satisfaction achieved.
- Work closely with TA and monitor competitors' practices for the attraction and retention of talent, including marketing methods and compensation strategies.
- Degree level qualification in the same or similar industry or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Proven track record of utilising the latest strategic workforce planning and forecasting tools and methodology.
- Proven track record of headcount planning, talent acquisition and managing complex HR projects
- Experience in tender submissions and management
- Senior HR, Strategic Workforce Planning or Talent Acquisition background in a highly matrix environment
- Understands and works effectively within a matrix structure
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvements and creative solutions in order to save cost and reduce turnaround times
- Team player who has a track record of working with cross functional and geographically dispersed teams
- Recognizes what is acceptable and not acceptable within the organization including decision authority and compliance requirements
- High level of personal energy, credibility, pro-activity and presence
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Workday, Kahuna, OptForce, OrcaEyes, or similar workforce planning software tools is preferable
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more