This role will collaborate with counterparts in financial planning and analysis, controllership and IT ERP teams to identify and recommend process and system improvements, establish the integration strategy of existing platforms with strategic vendors and manage interfaces to required platforms/processes. S/he will work with vendors to develop the strategic plan to meet separation objectives for the EPM suite and manage day to day operations. S/he will partner with separation counterparts to develop and execute a product roadmap. S/he will lead a team to deliver domain objectives.Essential Responsibilities:
In this role Director - Technical Product Manager - Financial Closing & Reporting, you will:
- Primary responsibility for creating or expanding relationships with internal cross functional IT teams, major vendors, suppliers, regulators, or other critical external organizations
- Understands and is proficient with company procedures for documenting new initiatives with complex business cases and detailed ROI models to gain IT, Business Unit and Executive Committee agreement and approval to proceed.
- Conduct detailed scoping for implementing Oracle SaaS/on premise applications. Experience in estimating & solutioning. Experience with Agile Methodology
- Program Management of implementations and strategic assessments
- Be responsible for the most highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple Oracle Hyperion products and business segments.
- Understands financial planning, project budgeting, and expense tracking to successfully manage project budgets to completion
- Working knowledge of complex technology systems implementations, with ability to effectively communicate with technology and business partners
- Be responsible for separation scope and execution activities, including product roadmaps
- Develop strategies for separation and go forward technologies to manage the financial enterprise data domain
- Manage IT transactional service agreements to ensure that requirements and costs targets are met
- Road-based finance and financial data management experience. The ideal candidate will have served in a variety of finance operations, finance-IT liaison roles, FP&A IT or and/or related roles
- Well versed in creating canned reports and dashboards utilizing Oracle Hyperion suite of reporting tools (Oracle Financial Reporting, OBIEE Ver. 18.104.22.168 or higher).
- Experience in Master Data Management methodologies, Data Governance and stewardship policies
- Experience using the Essbase Administrative (EAS) tools (outlines, security, calculations, load rules, LRO's, etc.).
- Proficient in software documentation from Design documents to User Procedures.
- Participate in creation and improvement of business processes, content management, systems workflow and procedures
- Business Analysis functions - working and partner with cross-functional leaders (FP&A, GAO, T&O, Regulatory, Risk, Audit) to create business solutions and maintain system compliance
- Inspect, review, and sign-off on Audit, System Changes, Controls, etc.
- Release and Change Delivery, following SDLC practices (partnering with Change Management, FP&A Corporate Expense, Infrastructure, and ASG
- Exposure to Accounting and Finance concepts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product management in a financial planning role
- Travel 25% of the time, as required
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Houston, TX or Remote
- Minimum 8 years of experience in product management in a financial planning role
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a highly matrixed environment; self-motivated
- Proven implementation success of ERP Systems with Financial, HR and Supply Chain modules
- Ability to work and communicate with cross-functional teams to drive execution plans w/ shared outcomes
- Ability to explain complex concepts both concisely and simply to senior executives
- Strong willingness to challenge conventional norms and views, persistence and intellectual curiosity to evaluate leading approaches
- Specialize in Managing Oracle SaaS Applications (ERP, SCM EPM, HCM),IaaS / PaaS, Integrations within a cloud or on premise environment
- Experience in Oracle EPM/Hyperion systems (Essbase, Planning, DRM, etc.) and solid understanding of how it fits into the overall architecture and reporting ecosystem
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills demonstrated the ability to assimilate new information and understand complex topics
- Experienced with agile/iterative project methodology such as Scrum, preferably with experience using agile project management tools such as JIRA or Rally
- Experience in visualization tools like QLIK and Tableau is desirable
- Certification in BI, Oracle/Hyperion, BA or PMP desirable
- Anticipates and circumvents problems where possible.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Comfortable navigating dynamic environments, ambiguity and being a catalyst to drive decisions
- Ability to effectively uncover, align and manage stakeholders needs and expectations
- Action oriented - escalates and resolves issues in a timely manner
- Able to work under minimal supervision, adaptive
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Houston, TX 77073 or Remote
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more