Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: CRAMLINGTON, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we devote investment in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but essential to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Operations Assistant is a vital member of the PPS team, as this role is responsible for carrying out the preparation and mobilization activities under supervision to ensure timely delivery of tools. This includes ensuring that all equipment is fully maintained to the recognised standard as outlined in the relevant work instructions. The role includes the loading and unloading of equipment from vehicles and containers. The movement of goods and equipment on site, the collection of equipment and packing of goods to be shipped, and the unpacking and dismantling of loads and return to storage. This role is a support role and does not include the Supervision of the loading/unloading or packing activities.
Responsible for the operation of the Steam Clean Wash bay and other smaller parts cleaners. Collect samples of waste before its collects as per instruction, samples for analysis and informs the relevant person for collection.
Following steam cleaning of equipment, the role includes spraying of component parts with rust preventative and the lubrication of bearings using a grease gun; this is an important part of the cleaning activity.
Carry out basic mechanical maintenance and repair under supervision to various support equipment including de-rusting, greasing and painting
In addition, as an assistant on site, responsibilities also include carrying out and recording daily checks to the fork truck and overhead crane (as per the qualified level)
Employee is to aid and support Technicians in the garage and/or workshop in their preparation of support equipment. This role is a support role and the employee are not responsible for the Supervision or quality of the prepared equipment, this lies with the Technician and operations manager.
Maintaining high levels of housekeeping and helping / assisting others in their duties of housekeeping is also this person's responsibility.
· Meet required quality standards
· Maintains a high level of housekeeping and diligence
· Consistently and without fail keeps all records and check sheets up to date, including time sheets.
· Wears all appropriate PPE provided correctly and highlights any deficiencies or defects to the equipment or services provided for employee's welfare.
· Deliver on any other reasonable Management request, agreed with non PII Employer prior to implementation.
· To comply with Section 7 and 8 of Health and Safety at work Act 1974
· Executes quality improvement initiatives
· Executes productivity improvement initiatives
· Fork Truck driving
· Operation of wash bay facility
· Lifting and slinging training and use of all lifting equipment on site including overhead crane.
· Sets high standards and seeks innovative ways of improving these
· Effective Team member
· Self-motivated and dynamic approach to tasks
· Flexible and willing team player
· Consistently delivers a high standard of workmanship to positively impact service reliability
· Places meeting customer needs as a priority
· Awareness of PPS business strategy and link to personal endeavours
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more