Skills: Electrical Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Clamart, Île-de-France, France
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
The Electronics Sustaining Engineer is responsible for ensuring field/manufacturing support on technical questions and handle of the Sustaining projects assigned (reliability design increase, cost reduction design,..) in collaboration with the other stakeholders and under the supervision of the Sustaining Electronics Team Leader. For that purpose, he/she independently collaborates with the Service Quality Engineer, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Helpdesk, Field Maintenance crews, as well as sub-contractors for the root cause investigation failure and remedial plan and project development. His/her role is key to the organization since he/she works in close collaboration mostly with Manufacturing, Field Maintenance crews to review and introduce design modifications. Finally, he/she is able to carry out project plans and presentations on failure investigation and projects assigned, anticipating the issues and giving a return of experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Root cause analysis and Field support
- Learn and support the portfolio of assets from the Schlumberger Technology Center:
- Provide technical support to tickets from operations (support field helpdesk)
- Provide technical support to manufacturing/production
- Provide technical support for resourcing
- Conduct validation and verification testing using laboratory instruments as well as custom acquisition systems
- Conduct Failure analysis at product and Printed Wiring Assembly (PWA) level
- Lead electronic projects
- Lead, manage, and follow up on projects assignment related to Reliability improvement, Cost Reduction and Product availability, from concept to completion including field deployment, and following the Schlumberger lifecycle project management system
- As part of the assignment he/she must be able to prepare work structure, schedule, risk analysis, cost analysis and be able to present to management during checkpoints or milestones.
- Contribute on the Reliability, Cost Reduction and Availability analysis and continuous improvement
- Participate in technical reviews of other people's work and contribute to the Electrical Engineers community.
- Redesign and/or develop modifications to Printed Wiring Assembly (PWA), harnesses, and tool embedded software
- Maintain and improve the technical files on electronics design
- Interface with Schlumberger Center's multidisciplinary teams (manufacturing, customer services, supply chain, etc) as well as operation teams (field engineers, reliability engineers, maintenance team) and sustaining team (mechanical and electrical Engineers, technicians, and service quality Engineer)
- Electrical Engineering degree (Master equivalent) or equivalent combination of higher degree and experience.
- Entry level position with a listed technical degree and strong interest in electronics design activities.
Competencies: Knowledge of electronics design and manufacturing processes, including:
- Printed Wiring Assembly (PWA)/ Printed Wiring Board (PWB) Design process,
- Mixed analog/power/digital design
- Testing technics and tools,
- Systems engineering
- Experience on C programming (read and execute source code as minimum knowledge)
- High frequency electronics would be a plus.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.