The Project Engineer will provide efficient execution of capital and expense projects assigned within the Shell Puget Sound Refinery in accordance with the PMF.
- Has the primary responsibility for execution of Downstream Capital (and Expense) Projects from front end development (Identify, Assess, Select, & Define phases) to detailed design and construction (Execute phase) including procurement, cost control and schedule management.
- Accountable for delivering projects safely.
- Manages 6 to 8 simultaneous projects with competing priorities in various execution phases on a wide variety of manufacturing processes in the refinery.
- Develops project scopes in collaboration with operations, process engineering and discipline representatives.
- Accountable for ensuring the proper technical authority approves the design including the appropriate technical authority of equipment specification and drawings.
- Oversees engineering execution utilizing either on-site design staff or local Engineering companies.
- Works with Project Controls department to develop project cost estimates and schedules for each phase and for final funding.
- Accountable for meeting project cost and schedule requirements and providing accurate forecasting.
- Works with site and procurement to develop/implement a procurement strategy for each project.
- Works with environmental to ensure permitting strategy/compliance.
- Assists with development of equipment and material bid specification, bid evaluation and selection.
- Works with IPA (external auditors) to review and score projects against the specified criteria at multiple phases depending on the size/complexity of the project.
- Accountable for working with construction and ensuring proper construction management plan in place.
- Coordinates personnel and Contractors to assure that field activities are completed safely, on time, within budget and in accordance with the design requirements.
- Sets the expectations for construction contractors by spending time in the field.
- Assist with mechanical start-up plans and procedures, provides technical support during start-up, supports training activities and assures documentation and knowledge transfer.
- Provides appropriate files to maintenance and operations for record keeping.
- Creates or assembles all documents for project closure.
- Works with project Controls department to close project financial accounts.
- Works with on site engineering consultant to help oversee and manage support plan for the site to include small projects, maintenance support, T/A and engineering plant change support
- The project Engineer manages a wide variety of projects (up to $40 mIn- sometimes more depending on experience level).
- Typical portfolio size ranges from 6-8 projects depending on size and complexity with TIC range of around $40mln-$60mln. NOTE: This can vary depending on year and project details.
- Works with multiple stakeholders and departments
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world's growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals.
As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business.
Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.Requirements
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
- With at least B.S. Degree: Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum five (5) years experience in project engineering for a refinery or chemical plant.
- With 3 years experience in a Project Engineering role on a project(s)
- Knowledge of several MOC work process and its tools is a plus.
- Awareness of small project delivery and implementation process
- Field work is required as necessary (climbing, working at heights, confined-space entry, etc.). Abnormal hours (emergency) or during planned shutdowns and TAs will be required and must be accounted for in one's personal vacation schedule.
- Knowledge and skills in GSAP, Sharepoint, Microsoft office
- Understanding of scheduling and estimating methods
- Contracting and Procurement experience is an advantage
- TWIC Card is a must or ability to get one.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell participates in E-Verify.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.