Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Cramlington, England, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Operations Engineering Team is responsible for the evaluation and specification of PII equipment design in relation to any intended contract and any modifications to either the PII equipment or the client's equipment to enable operations to be undertaken. Operations Engineering provide the first point contact for all technical queries dealing with PII products including cleaning, profile and inspection vehicles, on and off board systems and associated handling and test equipment.
· Work under the guidance of the Operations Engineering Manager/Team Leader and in close co-operation with the Project Leader and other Engineering staff in order to engineer solutions to mechanical, electronic and handling equipment problems to suit a particular operation.
· Provide approved tool builds to Operations on time to enable timely mobilization and running of commercial jobs.
· Develop solutions which work first time, meeting tight timescales and budget.
· Undertake technical and risks assessments of information and situations arising.
· Produce layouts, design schemes and drawings that fully define the problem and the proposed solution(s). Complete any documentation to the appropriate standard.
· Represent PII with the client, fully understanding the scope of the problem, ensuring clear communications and an understanding of PII's requirements from the client.
· Provide effective liaison both within Operations Engineering and with the rest of PII to ensure that the best possible solution is produced for a particular client.
· Support the production/manufacture/assembly of the solutions designed, overcome any problems encountered but still consider standardization, value engineering, and maintainability.
· Ensure that all documentation produced for each project undertaken is of a level that can be clearly understood and provides sufficient detail to allow the operation to be repeated in the future.
· Produce basic design calculations and plans, where necessary.
· Carry out failure investigation (FIT) on in-field failures and root cause analysis (RCA) to prevent re-occurrence of problems.
· Resolve issues with and support new designs in-field.
· Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline (or equivalent)
· A sound practical and technical background
· Experience in problem solving and the ability to apply this to solve complex electro-mechanical problems
· Knowledge of 2D and 3D Computer Aided Design packages.
· Knowledge of the technical aspects of pipeline inspection and support equipment (desirable)
· Knowledge of high speed electronic data acquisition systems (desirable)
· A willingness to acquire the technical knowledge of new products is essential.
· Ability to plan workload and react to change
· Ability to use both past experience and technical knowledge to achieve solutions to complex problems within agreed budget and timescales
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Career Level Standard
Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-LONDON