Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Heavy Machinery Operator, Mechanic
Other Skills: Top Drives, Canadian Rig Top Drives, Crowns, Blocks
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Nisku, Alberta, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: Canada
The Mechanic at the Technical Support Center shops in Nisku, Alberta is required to inspect, analyze, test, replace, measure, repair, adjust and perform full or partial repairs and maintenance to Precision's various rig components, equipment, engines, machines, etc. from Precision's specialized rigs including Triple Electric and Super Single Rigs
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of various components and equipment
- Ensure that all tools and test equipment are fully serviceable prior to start of repair work and are fully accounted for after each repair
- Monitor equipment calibration and the usage of standardized petroleum products across the rig fleet
- Perform tests and repair in strict compliance with the manufacturer's service manual and bulletins (such as for Engines)
- Investigate equipment and component failures to determine if there are procedural contributions to those failures
- Inspect parts like hoses, belts, pulleys, fuel system, exhaust system, and other possible troublesome items for wear for preventative maintenance
- Track inspections and equipment operating hours in anticipation of planned maintenance activities
- List parts to be replaced referring to manufacturer's manuals and diagrams
- Present job hours/cost estimates and parts replacement to foreman/shop manager for approval
- Document inspections, test results, repair work done, and parts replaced for proper billing and record upkeep
- Keep work area and shop neat and clean, and free from any work obstructions or tripping hazards
- Assist foreman/shop manager with performance reviews, recruitment, workforce planning, and maintenance planning of Apprentice and Junior Mechanics as required
Knowledge & Skills
Excellent diagnosing and troubleshooting knowledge of diesel engines using electronic diagnostic equipment/software
Excellent diagnosing and troubleshooting knowledge of related mechanical and electrical systems components - turbo, injection, EGR, pumps, alternator, starter, drive train, etc.
Effective analytical skills and the ability to identify the problem quickly
High comprehension skills to understand automotive diagrams and reference manuals
Excellent verbal, reading and writing communication skills.
Must understand and always be conscious of safety practices in any procedure
Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications
Strong management, delegation, planning and leadership skills
Extremely high attention to detail, and ability to work calmly and patiently towards a solution
This position is subject to Drug & Alcohol Testing and Fitness to Work Testing
Must have certifications to work with Can Rig Top drives, Crowns, and Blocks
Must be a certified and approved Journeyman, either in Heavy Duty Mechanics or Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanics
Must have 5-7 years of work experience managing repairs and overhauls of mechanical components within the drilling industry
Precision Drilling Corporation is Canada's largest oilfield services company and also has a large and growing presence in the United States and internationally. Precision provides contract drilling, well servicing and strategic support services to customers. Precision supplies on-the-ground expertise - people, equipment and knowledge - to provide value to our customers on a daily basis.
Precision has more than a half century of operating history in North America and we have always believed it is our people that make Precision a great company. Attracting the right people has been one of the cornerstones in building our reputation as the "leading employer" in the industry.
Along with a great culture, we offer a compensation package that is comprehensive and highly competitive in the oilfield services industry. All of Precision's people share in our ongoing success through our total rewards and recognition philosophy. At the end of the day, our success is defined by our people and the value they bring to Precision.