Telecoms Technical Team Lead - Contract - Iraq Essential:-
University level education in Engineering / IT or related discipline. ITIL Foundations. CCNP. CCIE. Experience in designing and deploying large network infrastructure solutions. Broad understanding of IT, security and IP telephony. Ability to work within a multicultural environment. Experience in Technical Team Lead role. Coaching and Mentoring Skills
The Telecoms Technical Team Lead will be responsible for the delivery and support of network services, working with various implementation groups to deliver network project's to agreed costs and timescales, maintaining quality and ensuring compliance with relevant governance, regulations, standards and policies. The Telecoms Technical Team lead will be required to lead a team of engineers (7) with specialist skills in routing/switching, security and unified communications. The role requires an individual who can work in a fast changing environment, implementing solutions, maintaining quality and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, standards and policies. Telecoms Technical Team Lead Key Accountabilities
Telecoms Technical Team Lead Criteria & Qualifications Essential
- Ensure trouble-free operations of telecoms infrastructure on site including: core network infrastructure, data centre and campus LAN, terrestrial and VSAT WAN, active network components, firewalls and security components, IP telephony, Video Conferencing etc.
- Identify risks to service delivery, recommend options to address risks and execute approved options.
- Maximize value from telecommunications contracts.
- Manage relationship with 3rd party suppliers and Telco's.
- Develop infrastructure capability to meet agreed service targets.
- Manage network, security and UC engineers in the network team to deliver telecom enhancement projects and provide support for existing infrastructure.
- Assist with maintaining telecom related portion of the DR plans.
- Manage, review and recommend options for new connectivity requests.
- Define and execute telecoms related 'changes'
- University level education in Engineering / IT or related discipline (preferred).
- ITIL Foundations.
- CCIE preferred.
- Experience in designing and deploying large network infrastructure solutions.
- Broad understanding of IT, security and IP telephony
- Ability to work within a multicultural environment
- Experience in Technical Team Lead role
- Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Experience in a similar role in an oil/gas company
- Technical Authority
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.