Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Inform Customer Success Engineer will facilitate the successful deployment and operation of Inform and other software products for Oceaneering and third party customers. This will ensure that the systems deliver the optimum value to the customer and thereby create opportunities for further sales.
- Work with new customers to implement Inform and other products, including: documenting requirements; setting up, configuring, and commissioning the systems for new sites; adapting and delivering training to users and super users; post-deployment enhanced support ('hand-holding'); documenting change requests and creating functional specifications for new developments.
- Provide a point of contact to all internal and external customers for reporting problems and making inquiries. Receive, log, research, refer, and resolve calls placed to customer support. Provide technical support to assigned customers for escalated issues. Liaise with developers and other parties to resolve escalated issues. Manage customer calls and communications through a Help Desk ticketing system. Maintain the software product support databases.
- Coordinate and execute technical processes including software upgrades and releases, global system administration, application configuration, and data loading. Liaise with IT Shared Services as required.
- Participate in pre-sales activities by delivering product demonstrations and facilitating evaluations and trials. Assist with preparation of documents for bids, tenders, and project proposals.
- Participate in testing of new releases of Inform software and other products. Document results and notify developers of any failures.
- Use a wide variety of educational media and technology to design, develop and deliver state-of-the-art training tools and programs for designated Oceaneering and external audiences.
- Prepare and maintain support documentation including user guides, training manuals and other resources, on-line help, procedures, and upgrade documents. Review technical and other documentation created by the development team.
- This position may involve regular international travel as required for the delivery of the role.
- Act as project leader for assigned tasks. Attend internal and client project meetings to understand, review, and update project deliverables. Prepare and maintain project plans. Prepare and distribute periodic progress reports.
- Prepare customer invoices and carry out other administrative tasks as directed.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices, and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- This position has NO direct supervisory responsibilities.
- The Customer Success Engineer will report to the ACET Manager
- Day-to-day work will be coordinated with the Asset Integrity Systems Director
- Extensive experience of supporting software applications in an enterprise environment
- Extensive experience of directly interacting with internal and external customer personnel
- Fluent spoken and written English (equivalent to IELTS 7 or higher)
- Experienced in creating and delivering application training for end users
- Experienced in administration of database and application servers
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry
- Experience with Refinery/Plant Inspection and/or NDT
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values;
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.