Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: HR - General, HR - Recruitment
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Batam, Riau Islands, Indonesia
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume
does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Role Summary:• The Employee Human Resource Manager is the first point of contact for Oil Field Equipment facility in Batam, to provide advice, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions. This role is critical in creating an employee experience which attracts and retains top talent, executing our location/region specific initiatives, providing available and responsive internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
Essential Responsibilities:• This role will report to HR Director TPS/OFE APAC and the overall client base for the role includes union/non-union; salaried/hourly employees across multiple P&Ls and functions.
• Provide dedicated support and guidance to multiple managers and employees in Oil Field Equipment facility in Batamwith specific focus on HR fundamentals including:
• Formulate and execute HR strategy for the site by partnering with the leadership there.
• Ensure we build the talent pipeline for the businsess needs now and future
• Work with the leadership to identify capability gaps needed for the future success of the business and execute multi year actions to close the gaps
• Provide coaching to the leaders and key talents and support their leadership development.
• Act as the change agent to drive the culture transformation including enhancing HSSE and quality culture
• Employee advocacy/engagement, HR policy/procedure training, employee relations management, performance management, recruitment, compensation, and workplace investigations
• Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues.
• Coordinates local compliance initiatives (as applicable by state/country)
• Partners with HR Operations as appropriate to address manager and employee inquires.
• Analyze and interpret data as required in order to support HR strategy in core functional areas (retention, recruitment, compliance, diversity, etc).
• Ensure that routine and complex employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated & resolved
• Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
• Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
• Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like EMS, Session C, Salary Planning and New Employee Orientation
• Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence, and in some circumstances, making recommendations to the business on disciplinary action
• Partner with ERMs, HRBPs and O&TD professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies/initiatives as needed
• Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and care
• Lead other regional/country HR projects as necessary, working across multiple client groupsQualifications/Requirements:• • Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college would be an advantage
• Minimum of 5 years professional work experience in the Human Resources function
Desired Characteristics:• GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program would be an advantage
• Experience on talent development, change management and coaching is critical.
• Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
• Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
• Comfortable with high volume workload and able to manage multiple priorities
• Not afraid to "roll up your sleeves" and get involved in details
• Strong internal and external customer service focus, with a genuine desire to assist others
• Strong project management and complex problem-solving skills
• Strong presentation skills and facilitation experience, needed to effectively deliver a variety of HR-related training programs to groups of managers/colleagues
• Ability to interface at all levels of the organization
• Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented (especially with regard to effectively managing and documenting employee relations issues and investigations)
• Certification with a recognized professional HR organization/institute
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more