Skills: Project Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: El Segundo, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Process Project Engineer located in El Segundo, California through 9/3019 at 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time).
The Project Process Engineer's primary role is to provide process engineering support for major capital projects at the El Segundo Refinery. This position will report to the Central Process Engineering group.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide front-end process engineering support for minor and major capital projects. Examples include long term capital project vision planning, conceptual project development, technology selection, and detailed engineering
- Support facilities definition activities during early development stages, including site selection studies, optimization studies, and preliminary equipment sizing
- Define process safety and environmental requirements, process control and instrumentation requirements, and emergency shutdown requirements
- Optimize integration of new equipment into base facilities, including offsite systems
- Work in collaboration with Project Team members and engineers to clearly define project scope and objectives during the project development phase.
- Analyze existing equipment performance to establish a base case.
- Review EPC Contractor deliverables and ensure consistency with Design Specification for assigned facilities
- Facilitate agreements on operating philosophies and control strategies on plant units with other disciplines such as ETC, Subject Matter Experts, and the Process Technology Bin
- Participate in weekly meetings and the various project milestone meetings (P&ID and 3D Model Reviews, HazOps, AOAs, COAs, Relief Studies, etc.)
- Ensure that all action items and follow-ups are resolved/closed
- Optimize the integration of new equipment into existing facilities including upstream and downstream process units and utilities.
- Develop and incorporate refinery standards to ensure safe start-up, shut down and handling of upset conditions.
- Interact with the various technical disciplines and Operations and Maintenance to identify & resolve any deviations from key project requirements.
- Provide requested technical advice and recommendations to the project team within the required time frames.
- Provide process engineering support during the project development and construction phase.
- Develop procedures and support for commissioning of new facilities.
- A Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of process engineering related experience, with engineering support of plant operations or process design in support of capital projects
- Good understanding of how equipment functions in the field and overall plant operation
- Good written and oral communication skills, strong ability to work with refinery groups and cross functional teams, able to communicate technical ideas to a wide range of groups within the refinery.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
- Proven ability to handle multiple activities simultaneously
- Must work constructively with others (inside and outside Chevron) to achieve positive results via the Chevron Way.
- Demonstrate role model behavior supporting the Chevron Way principles and values including support for diversity, leadership, teamwork, customer focus, and personal/process safety.
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Some of our specialties include generating power and produce geothermal energy; investing in profitable renewable energy and energy efficiency solutions; and developing the energy resources of the future, including researching advanced biofuels.
Our diverse and highly skilled workforce consists of approximately 64,700 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees. At Chevron, we’re focused on safely delivering the energy needed to power human and economic progress worldwide. But how do we do that when harnessing fossil fuels can be inherently risky? To meet these challenges, Chevron has spent more than 20 years expanding systems that support a culture of safety and environmental stewardship that strives to achieve unequaled performance and prevent all serious incidents and fatalities. We call this Operational Excellence, and it drives everything we do.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re committed to reflecting in our workforce the rich diversity of cultures and racial and ethnic backgrounds in the communities where we live and work. We’re also devoted to encouraging a diversity of ideas.
Diversity is one of the cornerstones of our values, which we call The Chevron Way. The Chevron Way states:
“We learn from and respect the cultures in which we work. We value and demonstrate respect for the uniqueness of individuals and the varied perspectives and talents they provide. We have an inclusive work environment and actively embrace a diversity of people, ideas, talents and experiences.”
As a core value, diversity is critical to developing a talented, high-performing workforce needed for ongoing business success. The Chevron Way’s focus on people has helped establish a culture that attracts, develops and retains more diverse talent.
We Support Career & Personal Development
We value the importance of managing work/life priorities by offering flexible work schedules, on-site child care at some facilities, adoption assistance, dual-career couple support, scholarships and tuition reimbursement.
At Chevron, you’ll find a workplace committed to your professional development. You’ll receive support and tools to create your own career path, including education assistance support which pays up to 75% of the cost (including tuition, textbooks, lab fees, and registration and administration fees) for approved courses. To strengthen organizational capability, we develop our employees’ and contractors’ skills and experience through our Invest in People strategy. As part of this strategy, discussions focused on continually improving individual performance are held between managers and employees.