Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Sourcing Specialist implements sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to his/her assigned portfolio in order to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implements sourcing plans with the goal of assuring specified quality, required delivery times and minimizing the total cost of the products and services.
- Documents performance to action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
- Selects a high-performance supply base for assigned portfolio, in accordance with short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category Managers.
- Conducts RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/Quotation/information/Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Evaluates current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service.
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Executes contract negotiation and development in coordination with Sourcing Manager and Contract Specialists.
- Drives the parts and process qualification, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams.
- Works closely with Sourcing Manager or Sourcing Leader to guarantee supply for all portfolios.
- Effectively communicates with and maintains the highest degree of relations between the Company and all levels of supplier personnel.
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
- Complies with all Schlumberger, EMS and local procedures applicable to the job function.
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University Bachelor's in Industrial Engineering, Business, Supply Chain.
- Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum 3+ years related work experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with SAP ERP Systems
- Has a hands-on approach to problem solving and collaboration
- Must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.