Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
He/ She reports to the Product Line Sourcing Manager; and maintains close relationship with Supplier Managers and Category Managers. Cross functional relationship: Maintains a close working relationship with Category and Supplier Management teams.
Successful candidates communicate well, are able to collaborate and manage teams. Good leadership and management skills with a strong ability to influence change. He/ She is a powerful negotiator and has an analytical mind to align with the business ethics and requirements.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creates sourcing plans that secure supply and minimize logistics disruptions, in accordance with Category sourcing strategies
- Develops action plans, timelines and resource assignments for sourcing projects
- Can direct a group of sourcing specialists to effectively locate, evaluate and select a high-performing supply base in accordance with a short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category managers
- Leads the RFI/Q/P (Request for Information/ Quotation/ Information/ Proposal) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and total cost of ownership
- Leads supplier evaluation, assessment, qualification, and selection processes, up to parts & process qualification, in coordination with HSE, Quality standards and Supplier Managers if applicable
- Negotiates prices and terms with suppliers in order to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives
- Leads the contracting process with suppliers in coordination with Sourcing Specialists and Supply Chain Contract Specialists
- Works with Logistics Control Tower to allocates activity across suppliers and in line with the Category Strategy and the Supplier Management Strategy
- Monitors sourcing projects to assure on-time completion and guaranteed supply
- Builds strong relationships with internal customers in order to meet defined objectives
- Responsible for delivering a top performing workforce
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks
- Complies with all Schlumberger, EMS and local procedures applicable to the job function
- Employees may be assigned other duties in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company
- Effective supplier base including lead time, quality and cost improvements
- Contracts and pricing agreements
- Manage key performance metrics related to this position
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Manufacturing
- Minimum five years' experience in logistics sourcing and supplier management
- Previous working experiences in companies dealing with High Volume logistics or Mining/ Chemical Distribution
- Detailed and extensive understanding of US market and supplier base
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.