Skills: Sales, Chemical Engineering, Chemist
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for a Refinery Account Manager in Australia. This role will be primarily responsible for managing chemical applications and technical support needs at the assigned customer account, as well as ensuring revenue growth of company products and services. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has very strong interpersonal skills, and who is technically capable.
- Manages day-to-day operations of existing refinery chemical process, water and Finished Fuels business for account.
- Identifies and coordinates numerous projects of varying complexity.
- Provides technical expertise, troubleshooting and assistance for customer concerns.
- Interprets technical data and sends/directs service reports with recommendations on a daily/weekly basis.
- Identifies, develops and closes new sales growth opportunities.
- Oversees activities of local account team.
- Interfaces with customers & internal team on a daily basis, promoting teamwork and assisting peers as needed.
- Leads business reviews, technical presentations and attends customer meetings on a regular basis.
- Manages account budget and Profit & Loss.
- Manages chemical inventories and coordinates/assists with chemical deliveries at customer locations.
- Builds strong relationships with key customers.
- Works safely and within customer and Baker Hughes' safety guidelines.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform field/lab service and communicate performance vs KPI.
- Ability to quickly develop technical knowledge of appropriate company products/applications.
- Energetic, Self-driven, ambitious personality desired.
- Assists with recruiting, training and improving team moral.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in refinery process treatment or refinery water treatment, service and sales, and account management.
- Strong Water & Refinery Process knowledge and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to troubleshoot and solve complex problems.
- Good communication skills and an aptitude for building customer relationships.
- Ability to work within multi-functional teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more