Skills: Project Management, Project Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
General Position Definition
Projects and Technology (P&T) is the technical powerhouse supporting the Shell Group to become the most innovative and competitive Energy company in the world.
P&T Projects Argentina is accountable for project delivery of individual large projects (central Production Facilities - Mid Stream Pipeline - Electrification facilities) and looks after the interfaces with module/packages suppliers and Engineering and Procurement contractors to ensure effectiveness of site-managed project systems across the Argentina portfolio. Including coaching and develop the young construction Shell and Contractor personnel in the implementation of Workface Planning.
This portfolio of Argentina Projects involves the development, design, construction and commissioning of around US $ 200 million production portfolio from Neuquén Argentina in the next 2 years.
The Project Delivery Engineer (PDE) will provide project management supervision to define and execute infrastructure onshore projects ( wellsite facilities, compressor stations, pipelines, metering stations). The PDE is single point accountable for safe and Top Quartile (TQ) delivery of projects in his area of responsibility, including design, procurement, fabrication, construction, installation, commissioning, start-up, and final handover acceptance. He provides project coordination support to construction, operations and readiness teams.
The Project Delivery Engineer is to provide leadership in delivering HSE performance in accordance with corporate guidelines and Goal Zero.
The Project Delivery Engineer is accountable for the delivery of facilities and infrastructures projects within a larger portfolio of projects associated with Argentina Portfolio Projects.
He/She is expected to play an active role in identifying and executing business improvement initiatives which drive excellence in delivery of facilities and infrastructure projects across the Upstream Americas Onshore Projects portfolio.
Specific accountabilities/responsibilities include:
- Managing more complex or major projects, with greater Capital expenditure.
- Responsible for interfacing with and managing EP Contractors to deliver detailed design packages for construction, on time engineering deliverables and prompt responses to construction requests for information.
- Responsible for setting up of various Workshops and Reviews defined in PCAP for the project, participating in Risk Workshops, reviewing and updating Risk Register.
- Apply framework of various project management processes and procedures (MOC, Interface agreements, etc.)
- Accountable for expediting and ensuring Quality Assurance and Quality Control of packaged equipment and materials in close coordination with Major Construction Team Lead
- Responsible for work face planning techniques for multiple projects that support overall delivery of cost effective and on time projects.
- Accountable for interfacing with construction personnel and contractors to ensure performance is being tracked and continuously improved.
- Responsible to provide active field construction support during the execution phase and support project engineers when required.
- Responsible for HSE leadership to ensure hazards are being identified and that adequate mitigations are in being applied.
- Responsible for project HSE plans and for participation in incident investigations.
- Responsible for application of Shell Project Delivery Roadmap for projects and delivery of all necessary deliverables in advance of the investment decision, including project scope definition, Cost Estimate, Project Execution Plan and Schedule.
- Responsible for proactively applying improvement initiatives/learnings across projects as part of the continuous improvement to drive top quartile and goal zero safety performance.
- Responsible for ensuring that project forecasting at various stages is accurate and aligned with the approved Capex funding and working with Project Services to update monthly VOWD, LE and MOC's.
- Responsible to develop project related reports and Key Performance Indicators to understand and communicate trends in performance. Responsible for weekly status reporting and for monthly project updates on all projects (HSE, cost, schedule, quality, issues, etc.).
- Responsible for providing project data package and other OR&A deliverables to Operations at the end of each project to assist with Operations/Maintenance and close the projects.
- Responsible to support the PD TL and PS function in ensuring that project forecasting at various stages is accurate and aligned with the approved Capex funding.
- Accountable to develop project related reports and departmental KPI's, analyze trends for performance, and to report and/or advise PD TL and/or APM as required.
- Accountable for weekly status reporting and for monthly project updates on all projects (HSE, cost, schedule, quality, issues, etc.). -
- Interface to ensure work is captured as part of integrated activity planning for the business.
- Accountable for providing project data package and other OR&A deliverables to Operation
- Minimum 5 years' experience in oil & gas industry related projects, with proven track records of managing complex or major projects and leading a team of direct or indirect reports.
- Good problem-solving skills and adaptable to changing work scope and priorities
- Ability to work within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Project Delivery "road map" for more complex projects or with the Project Standards and Guidelines.
- Strong passion and commitment to HSSE.
- Ability to demonstrate HSE leadership for field activities and design efforts.
- Proven experience in successful delivery of mid to major sized integrated gas handling and processing facilities and pipeline system, including project management of project phases from Front End Engineering Design through start-up and handover to operations.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively with a range of stakeholders across organizations (business, operations, etc) and projects staff. Required to collate inputs from multiple sources and develop clear, robust premises and strategies for execution.
- Good communication skills and ability to drive change by championing improvement initiatives.
- Proven experience in developing and working with commercial arrangements and skilled at managing contractor performance.
- Able to lead project controls staff to develop robust cost/schedule estimates and track delivery against agreed targets.
- Effective at identification and management of project risks
- Experienced in integration of operational requirements and philosophies into project execution through design, testing and commissioning.