As change makers in our industry, at BHGE and Turbomachinery and Process Solutions (TPS) we create new ways to collaborate with our colleagues, customers, suppliers and the communities in which we operate. Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Quality are built into everything we do, from how we design our products, to the way we plan and execute for our customers. Our expectation is to make every day a Perfect Day with no injuries, accidents, illnesses, harm to the environment while delivering to our customers what they need when they need it.
For our Americas Region, which comprises North America and Latin America, we are looking forward to hiring a talented HSE and Quality Leader.
As the HSE and Quality Leader for Americas Region, you will lead and nurture a team of HSE and Quality professionals, partner with and act as a coach for the rest of the Americas Leadership Teams to design and drive a strategy to strengthen an interdependent culture and improve HSE and Quality performance.
You will report operationally to the Vice President of the Americas, based in Houston, Texas and functionally to the Global TPS HSE and Quality Director, based in Florence, Italy.Essential Responsibilities
In the role of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Quality Leader, you will:
- Engage with the leadership teams of Americas Region and drive a sense of shared accountability and continuous improvement in the HSE and Quality performance and culture by integrating HSE and Quality in business decisions, management system and everything they do
- Define and drive a clear, compelling and effective regional strategy to improve quality and on time delivery of services (such as repair, field services and delivery of parts) that we deliver to our customers
- Drive a compelling sense of urgency across the region to identify HSE and Quality risks associated with operations, reduce and manage them
- Partner with the operating business unit teams that are responsible to deliver equipment and parts to installation and service sites and drive the same sense of urgency in improving quality and timeliness
- Inspire and lead a team of HSE and Quality professionals, set high expectations and take accountability for their overall performance, their pace and urgency in implementing HSE and Quality improvements
- Develop a high performing team and an engaging work environment that promotes meritocracy, diversity and where everyone is welcome and encouraged to speak up and intervene
- Identify, attract, retain and nurture key individuals with the critical capabilities needed by the organization
- Engage and cooperate with the broader BHGE and TPS teams to deploy consistent practices and standards globally and accelerate performance improvements in a non-traditional, non-conventional way
- Take an active and effective stance in representing the company in external industry or community events
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university HSE sciences, Quality management, engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of combined experience in operations, HSE, Quality and teams' leadership gained in an international environment and/or multinational company
- Travel up to 35% of the time, as required
- Master's degree in HSE sciences, Quality management, engineering
- Experience gained in a project and services business
- Knowledge and practice of human and organizational performance principles
- Ability to coach and mentor executive leaders and help them drive cultural changes within their organizations
- Proven skills in interfacing effectively with all levels of the organization, as well as outside BHGE, including contractors, vendors, customers and regulatory agencies
- Be a team player, able to create an environment of trust within the team and with the broader organization
- Ready and willing to provide and receive feedback to inspire others, improve self and make our improvement programs more effective
- Be a critical thinker, and always seeks for relevant information and intelligence, analyzes and interprets them to produce innovative solutions to problems
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more