Our Client a large oil and gas midstream company is currently seeking a Buyer for a 6 month contract in Edmonton, AB.
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiating materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers.
- May require a bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May report to an executive or a manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP)/ Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) program enrollment beneficial
- Related University Degree (Purchasing/Supply Chain Management, B-Comm., Finance, or Business Administration.
4+ years purchasing experience
- Oil & Gas experience is an asset
- Successful candidate will be procuring Electrical Materials
- Candidate must have SAP/Oracle experience (Oracle is optional, but SAP is a MUST
Established in 1978, NES Global Talent provides a complete range of contract and permanent talent solutions to the Oil and Gas, Power, Construction and Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and IT sectors worldwide. With more than 40 offices in 28 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. Offering far more than a traditional recruitment service, we fully support our contractors while they are on assignment with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.