Skills: Electrical Technician, Instrumentation Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Watkins, Colorado, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Wood is currently recruiting for an I&E Technician with extensive Petrochemical and Oil experience. This position will be located in Watkins, CO and it will be a 5/50 schedule.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Maintenance and Repair on all electrically driven equipment in the facilities and Platform
- Maintenance and Repair on all Generators
- Installation, Maintenance and Repair to all air conditioning units
- Calibration and Maintenance of Plant and Platform instrumentation
- Breakdown and repair work to Power Plants switchgear
- Maintain and repair all commercial domestic equipment
- Repair and maintenance on heavy plant and other equipment
- Maintenance and repair to Gas Analysis equipment
- Carries out maintenance, repairs, calibration, programming and troubleshooting of all PLC, DCS, Fire and Gas systems (hardware and software) associated with controlling facilities
- Maintains communications protocols for the various networks and hardware for human-machine interfaces (HMI)
- Loads and configures software on microprocessors and computerized systems
- Organizes and maintains backup copies of the facility's PLCs and programmable equipment
- Tests, calibrates, troubleshoots, and repairs various flow, level, pressure and temperature transmitters and their associated control valves
- Organizes and directs daily work for assigned Trainees
- Carries out routine and planned preventative maintenance on electrical systems and equipment.
- Carries out maintenance and repairs to turbine control systems
- Carries out work on all instrumentation and electrical equipment in a safe and cost-effective manner under a "Permit to Work" system
- Identifies and obtains required spare parts from the onsite warehouse inventory
- Responds to operational breakdowns on a 24-hour basis
- Recommends all remedial actions necessary to prevent possible recurrence
- Complies with all corporate policies and fully participates in the STOP program (Safety Training Observation Program)
- Reviews and become familiar with the Client's equipment and maintenance procedures
- Reviews from a maintenance perspective and comment on the B3 design documentation
- Participates on PHA, operability, maintainability, reliability, and LOPA/SIL review team
- Monitors topsides fabrication progress to assure maintainability issues are identified and addressed and to witness commissioning activities
- Participates in package training classes and learn equipment maintenance requirements and procedures
- Assist in developing PMRs and training materials for the B3 facility
- Provides maintenance support to the commissioning and start up team
- High school or Trade Certificate in Electrical, Instrumentation and Mechanical Engineering
Ability to apply multi-skills acquired
- Hand tools knowledge
Electrical and instrumentation test equipment knowledge
- Use personal computer hardware and software to perform basic tasks to convey and retrieve information via email and the internet
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.